How do i get rid of really bad diaper rash my son wont sleep because of it?

kenny711

Asked by kenny711 at 10:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I find that boudreauxs butt paste works the best. This will clear it up fairly quickly. If you do this with every diaper change and it doesn't get better bring him to the dr because that isn't a diaper rash. It also helps fafter cleaning him to get some fresh air on it so I let my son stay naked for several minutes.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 10:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• it could be a yeast infection. Go to the doctor, you will need a presciption for it.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 10:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• boudreaxs butt paste is what i use also and when it's really bad mostly at night i'd use burts bees baby powder too
    martin08

Answer by martin08 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• there are a few things you can do to help!
    1 - Make sure your not using scented wipes that can irritate the skin.
    2 - Make sure bottom is completely dry before putting nappy on!
    3 - Use lots of baby powder
    4 - get a nappy rash cream
    5 - see a doctor if it doesnt clear up within 3-4 days
    Anonymous

• i agree with amydh
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 10:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• It's not that hard to prevent diaper rash all you have to do is change his diaper and that includes at night. If it isn't diaper rash bring him to the hospital because I don't think it should be stopping him from sleeping. But I guess I wouldn't know my son is 7 months and never had diaper rash. I hope it clears up, poor little guy.
    Anonymous

• My kids get diaper rashes very easily - especially if they get sick and have acidic #2. I fell in love with a diaper rash cream that they make up in Ohio... you can order it online or request a sample I believe. Its www.pinxav.com -- for immediate relief -- stop using baby wipes they have alcohol and will just irritate sensitive skin. Wash with a warm wet cloth instead. Try giving your child a bath of lukewarm water and baking soda. Baking soda soothes inflamed skin. If your baby is old enough you could also give a dose of Ibuprofen (please ask doctor if your child is under age). During the day - let your child have some naked time. Fresh air is a wonderful way to get the skin healing. If the rash doesn't go away, have a pediatrician check it for yeast.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:46 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Make sure its just a rash first. If its little bumps that won't go away with regular use of cream, then you probably have a yeast infection on your hands. If its just a rash, then keep it dry and change diapers frequently. I don;t have a preferential cream, but I have heard good things about BB paste. If its yeast, then doc should be able to give you an antifungal cream....good luck
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:38 AM on Dec. 8, 2008