Do you spank your step child(ren) does your SO spank your child(ren)??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on May. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• When I married a widower with a 6 year old daughter, I became her mom. At first, I hardly disciplined at all. I left it to my husband and that did not work out very well. In time I learned that it was my duty to discipline her and that including spankings.
    ShakenSharon

Answer by ShakenSharon at 11:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2011

• no my step daughter is 25 and even though she could use a good spanking or butt kicking she is not my bio child and therefore it's hands off. Heck I have been her step mom for 7 yrs and just have started to act more like a parent and tell her what I expect of her where in the past I just let her live her life. my husband would never lay a hand on my kids and one reason I married him was that he knew his place and role as a step parent he did not try to take the role of being a real dad just more of a guy who guides my kids and never yells because he knows they are not his to yell at and he does not believe in hitting anybody at any time for any reason
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 11:32 PM on May. 22, 2011

• i would never spank a child that wasn't biologically mine, no matter the circumstance. and nobody but myself and the bio-father are allowed to spank our kids, although spanking is extremely rare in this house.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:55 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I did spank my sd when she was young..my dh did too..I was her main caregiver bc my dh worked out of state so I really didnt have any other choice and her bio moms rights were terminated
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 9:02 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I have spanked my ss, but I am also the Mom to him beacuse BM is not around.
    angelrach86

Answer by angelrach86 at 9:02 PM on May. 22, 2011

• The BM isn't around, and yes, I do spank my SD.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 10:31 PM on May. 22, 2011

• It depends on the situation, in a situation where the Step mom is a primary care giver then totally understand them disciplining a step child; however, if the step mother is the wife of a non custodial father then NO.

It should be said that all disciplining should be discussed with the BIO's

Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 11:32 PM on May. 22, 2011