Are you or someone you know afraid of black people or hispanic people?

yes or no, maybe? please explain. For research

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I am just as afraid of whites as any other race. I think alot of ppl do look neg. at ppl of those races though. But I see ppl as all the same. No matter who or what they are.
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 10:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• My mom has always been afraid of black people, but she will NEVER EVER admit it. Ever since I can remember, if we stopped at a stoplight or stop sign and she saw black people in the car next to us or behind us, or saw a black person walking along the road, she'd lock the doors and look around nervously until we started moving again. She NEVER did that when white people were around.

I've never brought it up to her. She'll deny doing it, though. She probably does it subconsciously without realizing it. Whatever.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• No, I am not afraid of any ethnicity. I try to be aware of my surroundings no matter where I am, even while I am pulling into the garage at my house (you know, home invasions where they surprize you in the garage and there is no way to get away). I give others the respect they give me.
    Anonymous

• No, I'm not afraid of other races. Although the way the question is phrased made me smile. My mexican MIL is afraid of blacks for some reason. She believes the stereotypes, and despite having 2 really great black men in the extended family, she is still scared of other black people, men in particular.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• This is probably the stupidist post I have ever seen. What's the point? Why would anyone be scared of any ethnic group? We all have the same basic needs to live. We are the same species. Only ignorant people who have tunnel vison are afraid. They only see their white race when hardly anybody these days are pure anything. Good Grief!
    Anonymous

• I had to laugh when I read this because, well, my husband is hispanic & one of his best friends is black! Guess i'd be in fear all the time if I was! lol
    Anonymous

• my grandma is afraid of black & hispanic ppl as a whole. she isn't rude to them to their faces...but she still blames everything on them. its so hard to talk to her about anything b/c every problem is b/c of "them". i know its b/c she doesn't know anyone that isn't white so she is afraid of the unknown...but thats no excuse. unfortunitly she has taught this to my mom & aunt that way, luckily they are willing to look beyond this most of the time.
    however, i am NOT afraid of black or hispanic ppl b/c i have seen the ignorance that is in my family. also, i like to let each person's individual actions represent them not their race.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:42 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I sort of feel like the poster thinks the white race is superior than hispanics and African Americans. They're are plenty of ethnic groups that have brown and dark brown skin. Why is it only narrowed down to these two?
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 10:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I am guessing the OP is white and she is probably using the most prevalent ethnicities for her examples. Like she is going to ask who is afraid of Taiwanese people?

Anonymous

• I have another question. Do you think she knows that because you have( what you call black skin) dosen't mean you are African American?
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 10:56 PM on Dec. 7, 2008