Evil, just pure evil. I have no words, just anger.

*NEWBORN BABY SURVIVES BEING THROWN DOWN TRASH CHUTE*

Against all odds, a newborn baby boy survived being thrown down a Brooklyn housing project trash compactor Sunday.

The infant was rushed to nearby Brooklyn Hospital, where he was in stable condition, officials said.

Police said the building's superintendent called police after hearing the baby's cries from inside a plastic trash bag attached to the compactor chute about 9:20 a.m. in the Fort Greene Houses.

A police source said it was unclear how many floors the baby fell before landing in the attached trash bag, which may have helped break its fall. The child appeared to be about 12 hours old and still had its umbilical cord attached, the source said.

Detectives were able to find the baby's mother in the Cumberland Walk building. She was taken to Brooklyn Hospital for an exam, but her name was not released pending any formal charges.

Neighbors stood outside the building, shocked by the news.

"That's just sad and pitiful. They need to burn in hell, that's what they need to do," said resident Tisha Holmes, 26.

"People are shocked here. They could've given it to anybody. Ain't nobody in their civil mind would do that."

Fontaine Simon, 38, was upset to learn what had happened in her building.

"Oh God, I hope the baby is all right," she said.

"I've been living here for 30 years, nothing ever happened like this before - never."

Earlier this month, Dawa Lama of Woodside, Queens was charged with dumping her newborn girl in a bathroom trash can inside the emergency room at Elmhurst General Hospital. The child died a few days later.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/05/22/2011-05-22_newborn_baby_survives_being_thrown_down_trash_chute_in_garbage_bag_cops.html#ixzz1N8PKuYz1

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 9:28 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• this is disgusting. i am in tears. i will pray for that child
    agallo004

Answer by agallo004 at 9:33 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Too many people think of themselves only. Praying the child is ok.
    PsychicSherry

Answer by PsychicSherry at 9:34 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I'm with you... I can't even find words right now...
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 9:36 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Poor baby! That's so horrible & I feel SO bad for the baby. I hope everythings ok with him/her. It's truly sad when something like this happens.

This statement is exactly correct. NO ONE in their CIVIL MIND would do something like that. Maybe the woman wasn't mentally stable ? Maybe that woman had her own issues like severe postpartum depression that wasn't her fault & she couldn't control ?? Everyone has their own story. It wasn't right & it was truly wrong, but maybe instead of prison, she belongs in a mental institution ? 

loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 9:43 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I think this is horrible beyond words, but really, what is the difference between doing this & killing a baby through abortion? Why is it that as soon as a baby is outside the mother's body, it is inhuman to hurt or kill it, but within, it's actually legal & women fight for the right to get to do it? It really makes no sense to get upset about stories like these, yet approve of a woman's decision to end her baby's life simply because it is an inconvenience... either a baby's life is worthy to be protected or it isn't... society can't have it both ways.

ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 10:10 PM on May. 22, 2011

• We had a newborn found in a dumpster by a man looking for pop cans a few months ago here. People are heartless. I cannot imagine being in a place so bad that I would throw a baby I just gave birth to away like garbage. I think there are safe haven laws in EVERY STATE where you can take a baby to a hospital, police department, church, or fire department NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Even if you didn't want to face the police...a stranger on the damn streets would be better..."I can't take care of this baby"...and walk away...but a dumpster?!?!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:19 PM on May. 22, 2011

• this is so sad that people can do this to a baby. What did they do to deserved this kind of treatment. Have you heard that there's this trash put her daughter into a microwave?! That is so sick!!! She deserved to put into microwave instead of life sentence.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 10:51 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I threw up in my mouth a little bit. This is so sick. I'm praying for that little baby that he survives.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 11:24 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Nasty as hell.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:31 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Something similar to this happened around here. Luckily the dumpster was locked and the baby was found alive next to the dumpster. I don't know how people can be so crazy and dispicable. I pray for all children in situations with less than fit patents every night. This is just so sad.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:46 PM on May. 22, 2011