What did you have in your diaper bag when your baby was a newborn?

first time mom and need to know what i'm gonna need in my diaper bag

mamawilbur

Asked by mamawilbur at 9:45 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• bottles with formula ready to go or if it was a long trip just some powder and i would stop to get hot water, that way it was fresh. burp cloth, extra clothes, diapers, and anything your baby would use if they use a paci or diaper cream. i usually assess what we might need before we go somewhere, because over packing leads to a mess and that can be stressful for me, so i only take what i need. thats how i do it! good luck mama and congrats
    agallo004

Answer by agallo004 at 9:48 PM on May. 22, 2011

• diapers, formula, bottles & bottle liners, water, LOTS of cloths, extra binkies, rash cream, extra receiving blankets or burp diapers... anything you think you might need... Expect the best... prepare for anything!! LOL

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:52 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I breast fed so all I had were wipes, diapers, and burp cloths,a change of clothes, and a couple small receiving blankets to cover myself when I fed our boys out in public. I carried a small bag with all 3, I couldn't imagine carrying a big bag with a ton of stuff.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:01 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I've never packed one if I was going to be out of the house less than 8 hours or so. I just pack a few things in my purse...a couple diapers and a baggie of wipes, an extra set of pajamas, and a pacifier. I breastfeed though, so no need for bottles and such. I usually end up with some things in the car, too.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:04 PM on May. 22, 2011

• water bottles,Bottles,formula dispensers with formula in them,diaper,wipes,bip clothes,extra clothes,changing matt,receiving blankets,to go lotion & shampoo just in case, & diaper rash cream
    Chelhaidax

Answer by Chelhaidax at 10:08 PM on May. 22, 2011

• in the begining I breastfed so I took my hooter hider so I could feed in public, a spitrag, a paci and a back up paci, a change of clothes, diapers and wipes, a changing pad and a blanket. If your formula feeding the only really different thing would be a bottle, formula ( they have dispensers that you can preportion 3 bottles at a time) and a waterbottle with hot water in it so you always have warm water for bottles.
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 10:21 PM on May. 22, 2011

• diapers, wipes, diaper rash cream, bottles and formula if ur gonna formula feed...burp cloths, extra set of clothes and a blanket...i'm sure there are more things that I'm forgetting...
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 11:19 PM on May. 22, 2011

• bottle with formula diapers a couple changes of clothes wipes baby powder diaper rash cream receiving blanket blankets baby lotion lol i had a ton of stuff in there
    lovebunny82709

Answer by lovebunny82709 at 6:22 PM on May. 23, 2011

• EXTRA CLOTHES! Oh and hand sanitizer for you. You will change diapers and then realize how in the world am I gonna wash my hands? lol.
    Sarahbeth7

Answer by Sarahbeth7 at 8:51 PM on May. 23, 2011