Who the Hell eats dinner at 4 o'clock?

I mean besides my in-laws... Yeah we went over there tonight and we had dinner at 4. lmao! It was my kids snack time and we had dinner. Anybody ever hear of this? Is it like, an old people thing? the reasoning was 'well, we had lunch at 11...' :0) I mean... Have a snack?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 9:46 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Just for Fun

• We sometimes do We eat when my hubby gets home so if he's home around 4,we eat

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:47 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Old people, and people trying to irritate you ;p
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 9:48 PM on May. 22, 2011

• yeah...it's an old people thing. lol!
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:48 PM on May. 22, 2011

• If my hubby is home we have dinner at that time. My friends have thought that it was odd but it is just the way that we do things.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:48 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Eh...Sometimes we do it too. We like to have dinner done by 6pm. If we eat a snack at 4, then we don't eat until 7 and that is no good. If we eat early, we do have a snack before bed. But most of the time we eat before 5 and 6pm.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:49 PM on May. 22, 2011

• My family has always done a Sunday dinner like that... then you can get it all cleaned up and have some time to relax!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:49 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Yeah our normal dinner is at 6 ish... I thought that was early!!
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 9:50 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I think it can be a older person thing, my grandparents used to eat around 5- 5.30. I caught my Dad getting his dinner ready at 5/30 the other day, and gave him a hard time about it lol. 4 is early but if they are hungry and its works for them, so be it. Do they eat supper as well. I do know of some people that eat early like that then have something light "supper" at about 9.......
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:50 PM on May. 22, 2011

• On Sunday, we often eat dinner at 3 or 4. It is quite common to have an early meal on Sunday. You sound as though you just want to complain. It doesn't seem like a big problem. People do not have to live by your time schedule. Get over it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:51 PM on May. 22, 2011

• My inlaws and parents usually serve around 5. We're used to eating around 8, so it takes some adjusting.

Course, when you are up before dawn and in bed before 9, I guess they get hungry early.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 9:51 PM on May. 22, 2011