My husband and i are trying to conceive, we had intercourse the last week in april, i usually get my period the first week of every month. I have not gotten my period yet this month now, but i have taken numerous pregnancy tests and they all say negative! I'm confused, is it too early yet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• The last week of April is the wrong time to TTC, if you're expecting your period the first week of May. The time when you are fertile is 2 weeks before the day you expect your period, so you should have had sex in the middle of April.

However, regarding the pregnancy test, once your period is more than a week late, the test should be positive if the missed period is due to pregnancy.

Sorry I can't be more helpful: I reall don't know if I think you're pregnant or not. Hope you figure it out and good luck with the baby plans!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:59 PM on May. 22, 2011

• go to your ob.
    brookemhowell

Answer by brookemhowell at 10:02 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Thank you! and since we are trying for a girl i was told to try up to one week before your period! maybe i misunderstood!?!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:03 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Anon, what judimary is talking about is the average. Do you know exactly when you ovulate? Some women ovulate sporadically, so they might be able to conceive at any time during a cycle, whereas other women will ovulate right at two weeks. When you ovulate and when you have sex can also be a week apart and still conceive. When you conceive and when you implant can be a few weeks apart. In your case, you could have a delayed cycle and negative tests if your body hasn't built up enough hormone because you implanted later than you're thinking you did, or you could have a delayed cycle because you're very hopeful that you might have conceived, or you could have a delayed cycle because of something not pregnancy related.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 10:28 PM on May. 22, 2011

• go to the doc. That is the best solution. No one here can tell you and all we can do is guess. You know your body but a missed period could be anything not pregnancy related
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 10:38 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Try a test a week later or see the doctor
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 10:11 PM on May. 23, 2011

• i would talk to my doc to see why i didnt have af yet.
    tisha999

Answer by tisha999 at 2:58 PM on May. 24, 2011