Help what should I do (sorry for my english

the thing is that I just have 16 years old and when my baby was born I stayed with him the firsts weeks. then I returned to the school ┬┤cause I continue studyng I am in my 2 semester of high school, after all this I thought that I had a perfect life with perfect notes, all my teachers love me, with a wonderful husband, being mom of a very healthy baby. but when I am in the school a professional babysitter take care of him but now, I am scared about this situation, about not see my baby grow, or maybe not be there when his start to say his firt words, or worse, that he start to believe that the babysitter is his real mother. I dont want this.
I mean I play with him in the afternoons, and weekend are totally 100 percent familiars but maybe this is not enough for him and I was wonder if I should leave the school the thing is that I am an honor student in my school but I would do the best for my baby.
Moms give me advices what should I do?

fullmoonsong

Asked by fullmoonsong at 9:58 PM on May. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• FINISH SCHOOL - whatever you do, finish school! You will have a better life for both you and your baby if you stick with it and finish. Working moms go through the same thing, but you have the option to finish school sooner if you can - you're an honor student, it would be a shame to quit now. One thing I did - I kept a camera in my baby's diaper bag and asked the daycare to take plenty of pictures, as many as they wanted - and they did, and that helped so much to see what she was doing every day - so if you can afford it, buy a spare camera and let the daycare know it's there, and to please take some photos for you on occasion.
    Anonymous

• You have to finish school. It'll probably be hard missing a lot of his firsts while you finish out school but you need to get a diploma if you want to at least be able to support him.

Maybe getting a GED or at-home high school program (homeschooling or online school) is a route you could consider if you seriously would rather be with him during the day. This way you could still graduate and still see your child more.
    Anonymous

• You are the only one who can answer that. Is there an evening program? I know some states have virtual high school where you can complete high school online .If missing your baby is an issue, have you thought of getting your GED which is equivalant to a HS diploma.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 10:19 PM on May. 22, 2011

• There are plenty of Mom's that work a 8-9 hour day and their babies are cared for by another. Your child isn't going to forget who their mother is in the 7 or so hours you are in school. Finish school, spend your time not in school with your child... it will all be ok!! It's not much different from a working mom!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:38 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I can't tell you what to do--but I can tell you I've had to work full time with both of my girls, and they know I'm their mommy!
    lizi.clawson

Answer by lizi.clawson at 10:40 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Finish school. This is a pretty common fear for any mother, but rest assured baby knows who mom is. You might miss an occasional first here and there, but in the long run it's not a huge deal. Things can be videotaped. You need to finish your education and set a good example for this baby.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:42 AM on May. 23, 2011