The trail is soon, how can we prepare ourselves what should we expect.

my SO's little brother was abused by his moms boyfriend for years and we now have custody of him. the prosecuter has contacted us about him testifying. we will be meeting with him on tuesday so I'm going to request this but I want to know before hand because Im so anxious.

how do you go about getting a minor allowed to testify by video tape instead of in open court? I've never been to court I have no idea how any of this works. I'm very anxious as t what to expect can anyone give me any info about what to expect or if i should expect that he will be allowed to testify on tape instead of in court.

agallo004

Asked by agallo004 at 10:01 PM on May. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I really dont know what to tell you, especially with different rules in different states, in most cases I do think they allow minors to testify away from the court room, this will be something to ask the prosecuter when you meet, have all your questions and concerns written down, because chances are when you go you will be over whelmed and forget most of what you want to ask, I wish you all the best with this.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 10:06 PM on May. 22, 2011

• good idea we have so many questions, im going to start a list now!
    agallo004

Comment by agallo004 (original poster) at 10:10 PM on May. 22, 2011

• i don't know if they can do that. The accused person has the right to question any witnesses. Good luck though!
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:28 PM on May. 22, 2011

• best thing to do is make a list of questions and talk to the lawyer, he can direct you with what is acceptable and what can help the case and what could hurt it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:17 PM on May. 22, 2011