Portable dvd players for car

I'm looking at getting one for my son for this summer's roadtrips ... any input on size - 7inch or 9inch? Any experience?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Technology

• We got the bigger one for my DD and (of course) she loves it! They are very convenient to have on road trips or even long commutes. Because I monitor how much TV she watch's, we only use it for those things. WORTH IT TO ME! I get to listen to MY music again on trips! One tip -- buy good earphones (child-size)!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:17 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Get him some books and games... that's a perfect time to be "unplugged"!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:25 PM on May. 22, 2011

• We got the dual screen Panasonic 7-inch one. We also have two kids. It was an absolute lifesaver on the 14 hour road trip we took last summer.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:59 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I don't have one, but I've thought about getting one. The one that I've looked at is at Costco. I don't remember the brand, but it comes with two screens and is about $100. Good luck!
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 10:22 PM on May. 23, 2011

• We have the dual one as well and I think it's a 7". I would go for the larger screen, but it has never been a purchase I regretted! My daughter doesn't always watch it and brings other toys with too, but when she wants to, it helps keep the car soooo quiet LOL! I also bought some movies that she hasn't seen yet. It helps to keep her interested.
    techgirl3

Answer by techgirl3 at 6:07 PM on May. 24, 2011

• We ended up getting the 7" dual screen - I figure that if the kiddos are content with my ipod touch, they shouldn't have an issue with a much bigger screen than that :) haha! Regardless, it's a tv in a car, what a luxury for them!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:18 PM on May. 24, 2011