What does The Bible say about Personal Hygiene?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Religious Debate

• ok that period thing was old testement laws.

God's Word says that our body is not our own, it is His. So [common sense] to be His, and to reflect Him in us, we are to be modest, not only in apparel, spirit, actions and attitude, we are to make ourselves presentable, not in an elaborate way, flashy, lustful, ect, but to look, act and yes, smell nice and exceptable to God. [what God likes, not what society likes]. Think about it, would you attract a man if you smelled nasty? Even God wants us to be presentable to the opposite sex, so we can A) attract a man in the correct way [i.e. not lustful] B) stay attracted for our spouse. smelling nice is one way to be attractive.

you should read 1 Timothy :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:41 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Thou Shalt Not Stinketh

okay, sorry, couldn't resist

All I can think of offhand is stuff in Leviticus about how a man has to keep his beard and stuff like that.
    Anonymous

• does it matter!!!! i think an intelligent human being would just wash themselves w/o question
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:59 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Nothing accurate. It was written when water was dangerous and bathing was something you maybe did once a month.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:28 PM on May. 22, 2011

• it says that when you are on your period that you are unclean. you can't sleep in the same bed as your hubby and if a man sits in the same place as yiou he is unclean until that night. there is more but I can't think of it right now.
    Eco_Momma

Answer by Eco_Momma at 10:26 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I remember from bible study something about washing feet.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 10:37 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Wow. apparently a lot.

http://www.openbible.info/topics/personal_hygiene
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 10:39 PM on May. 22, 2011

• LOL Anon! Too funny...
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:36 PM on May. 22, 2011

• LOL. I don't care what the Bible says. I take a bath so I will be healthy and smell good. That is all.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:31 PM on May. 22, 2011

• The Bible does not say that cleanliness is next to godliness, if that's where this is going! I think that's just an old saying that got circulated by our moms!
    dkvhensley

Answer by dkvhensley at 8:20 AM on May. 23, 2011