Im 16 & Pregnant, 10 weeks..How can i tell my Strict Old School parents I am pregnant?

My parents are old school mexicans ha,
i found out about three weeks ago i am pregnant.
My boyfriend who is very supportive has already told his whole family.
the only problem is tellling my family?

My mom is the type who always told me to be safe and not get pregnant & wants
me to do something in life, I feel bad somewhat getting pregnant early, but it was with protection & i guess something happend and i got pregnant.

My dad on the other hand, is strict and..."mean". im afraid he will try to hit me & yell
i want to tell both my parents in a calm way without them getting crazy except im not sure how to? i wanted to write them a note but i want to be mature and tell them im person.

alexnicolexo

Asked by alexnicolexo at 10:47 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Just tell them. It's not going to be easy and the longer you wait the harder it will be.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:48 PM on May. 22, 2011

• If they are Catholic I would NOT tell them in person. My parents are Catholic and holy crap, when I was pregnant, I was 22 years old AND married and I still wrote them a letter because I was scared of what they would do or say. good luck!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:48 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Just be honest hun. The storm will pass and it will be hard, I won't lie but you will make it through.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 10:50 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I sent my mom and dad a picture of the positive pregnancy test on my cell phone.
    M.Galvan

Answer by M.Galvan at 10:50 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Honey no matter what they will still love you, i know it wont seem like it at the time but they will, Granted they will be upset at first, probley start asking lots of questions that make you feel uneasy (my mom did, i was 17 when i got pregnant) but they will grow to love that child just like they love you, always and forever, our parents may not agree on our dicions but they will always love you and be support of, but i'd just set them down and say "look i made a choice to tell you this like an adult, i pray you take it like an adult, i am pregnant, i pray you'll support me a 110%::: just be real with them girl,
    proudmami92

Answer by proudmami92 at 10:52 PM on May. 22, 2011

• If you feel you are in physical danger, pack a bag and go stay with an Aunt or Grandma or even your SO's family for a few days and write them a letter. Do not do it in person.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:54 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I would say tell your mom in person first and let her tell your dad for you. Give him time to process and cool down so it doesn't become violent.
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 10:56 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Maybe you could ask your boyfriend and his parents to be there when you tell them. That way they will be less likely to make a scene. And if he lays a hand on you, you need to call the cops.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 11:04 PM on May. 22, 2011

• It is going to be tough, but you just have to do it. Maybe ask your boyfriend's family to come with you. If you are going to act like an adult and have sex, you need to act like an adult and approach your parents. Harsh, but true. You could also have a school counselor help you tell them. That way there would be another adult who knows the situation, who may be able to check on your situation with your dad until he cools down. Best of luck!
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 11:07 PM on May. 22, 2011

• There is no way around telling them. This is a part of growing up and becoming responsible. I wouldn't tell them with your boyfriend around though. Just saying, it might make it worse. Good luck, they love you unconditionally.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 11:20 PM on May. 22, 2011