How do I get motivated in losing weight?

Ok, last year when I met my fiance I was working out, I had lost 15-20 lbs. He was also and still is working out, he is amazingly huge in the arms and is just strong as can be. For some reason I started working out with him, then stopped. I am not sure that I stopped because I thought that if I didnt lose weight he would leave me, shallow yes I know. But now I know that is not the case, he loves me for no matter what I look like. Summer is comming around and I would like to start losing weight again. I am 5 foot even, weight 160lbs. I have had two c-sections so I have the nasty scar, muscles are cut so it is hard to lose that weight. I am unmotivated in getting back to working out. He is more than willing to do it with me, just for some reason I cannot work out with him. I cant explain why not. So what can I do, any suggestions?

imokia03

Asked by imokia03 at 10:55 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• For motivation I hang pictures of women that I want to look like on my dresser mirror.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 10:57 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I've had 2 c'sec births (and 4 normal births) and my tummy is flat. Don't use that excuse.

Try some unflattering photos of yourself to start, then hang a big full-length mirror where you can see the bits you like and the bits you don't, and it will also do the job of encourage you once you start to lose weight. Maybe a photo a week to see your progress too?
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:00 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Everyone is different, and many women have post c-section/birth issues with their body, so just because some people dont and there body hasnt bounced back the way yours has, doesnt mean they are using it as an excuse, your blessed!

I think you just have to make a conscience decision to make a change for YOURSELF no one else, and do your best with the will power you have, I made my decision about 3 weeks ago and have stuck to it so far so good upto now.......no amt of outward things I did to try to motivate myself with pics etc worked for me, it has to come from within....I guess i had just had enough and was ready to try my best to make a change.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I can certainly understand your not wanting to work out with your fiancĂ©. Nothing wrong with that. Sometimes it has to be a solo mission, and if that works best for you, no shame in that! Motivation for everyone is different. I try to be positive with myself, bu I did take before pictures. I wrote out a list of reasons why I want to lose weight and be healthy. I included the "good" reasons (be there for my son, ease my knee pain), and I included the vain reasons (look hot in a bikini, wear a single digit size). I have all of the reasons written and posted where I see them often, and they keep me reminded of why I am doing this. I also consider whether what I am doing is helping or hurting my efforts, as everything ultimately falls into one of these two categories. So far, I've lost over 60 lbs, and I'm still going. I feel amazing, and I'm horrified when I look at old photos. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:22 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I think it's okay to not want to work out with your SO. Get a gym pass and work out on your own. Or just do the work outs when he's not. You don't have to have him to lose weight. And when and if you ever feel comfortable working out with him- he'll be there.

Good luck losing weight!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 2:43 PM on May. 23, 2011