Do you think this is normal for arachnophobia or not?

I am completely paranoid that spiders are everywhere. I check my shoes and clothes before I put them on, do a complete room/bed check before I go to sleep at night and have a can of Black Flag sitting by my bed, in my kitchen, and in the basement. It has gotten worse within the last few weeks of moving into my new home because we are having a black widow problem that started out in our basement and they have made their way up to the 2nd floor. I don't know if I am just overly paranoid or if I have a problem. Is anyone else this afraid of spiders? I didn't know what category to put this in.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Health

• I am scared shitless of spiders and so is my 14 year old daughter. She has a can of Raid she keeps in her room for emergencies and my keep my man in my room for emergencies. I had a black widow run across my foot when I was sitting on the can in the bathroom. It was a damn nightmare!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:02 PM on May. 22, 2011

• black widows are poisonous. I'd be keeping the spray around me too and checking everywhere all the time. I don't think there is anything wrong with staying safe...
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 11:21 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I loathe spiders. I make my husband deal with them.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:28 PM on May. 22, 2011

• your just overly paranoid.... but if it starts to negatively affect your life outside of your home, perhaps you consider an anxiety medication
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 4:09 PM on May. 24, 2011