Hair problems

I'm 21 and my daughter is 2 every since the middle of my pregnancy i started losing hair but now she's 2 and its still happing and its usually lots and lots of hair in the shower and more when i do my hair. I have tried different products but nothing works and now i have noticed that my daughters hair comes out some times two after she gets out of the shower and i brush her hair. i dont know what to do , can anyone help me??

mamma_v

Asked by mamma_v at 10:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think you need your home checked for radiation – high voltage wiring or something.
    You don’t just lose hair for no reason and if the same thing is happening to your daughter something is very wrong with your environment. If it was just you, you maybe able to say it was stress, but you and your daughter – you need to have some blood work done – both of you.

Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 11:02 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I read somewhere that we lose 150 or 100 hairs a day, dont know if this is true though. The lady above is right, you need to have blood work done to check for some kind of absorbed problem. Is there any way you both might have thyroid problems? My hair fell out like unbelievable when my thyroid was out of whack.
    pinkcalla721

Answer by pinkcalla721 at 12:59 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I know how it feels to loose alot of your hair and wonder if you are going bald. I am going through this right now. My doctor seems to think that it is me being anemic. Low iron. So she started me off on a pill a day and now I am up to two pills a day. So you and your daughter could just need some food rich in iron. Hopefully all of our hair will stop falling out soon cuz I really don't want to have to wear a wig at 30!! Good luck
    luchousdiva

Answer by luchousdiva at 7:36 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Yes, I had this issue after I had my daughter. Our Dr. said to keep up with my prenatals, so I would get enough iron. It was part of my body trying to get back to normal. If you are super worried about it call your Dr. and see what they think about you both losing hair.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 1:14 PM on Dec. 9, 2008