I need suggestions on what I can use for a pullup for my petite daughter.

My daughter is 18 months old and weighs less than 20 pounds but is potty training and I can't find pull ups for her for to wear at night. She freaks out when we have to put a diaper on her at night since she usually just wears her panties during the day. So I'm trying to find pull ups that will actually fit her to wear at night.

daqueria

Asked by daqueria at 10:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• we skiped pullups...my pedi said pull ups are just like diapers. which is true..he said get under wear with the plactic pants to put over it at night put diapers on them...pullups were hard for them to pull down but the underwear and diapers where easy.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 10:52 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• sorry umm...idk...i read the 1st part..

at night. try doing underwear+diaper...see if that will work...if not try the smallest size they have. in all pullups or nighttime pants
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Have you tried cloth training underwear? It really worked for my daughter.
    jojoro

Answer by jojoro at 12:31 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I used the pull ups made by pampers, the smallest they made, I think a size 4, maybe a 3, cant remember. Pampers seemed to fit my daughter much bette, she is a tiny thing, can still wear her 18 month old skirts and she is almost 3 now. The only reason I moved my daughter up in size of her pullups was her bladder seemed to grow and she would fill up that pull up at night. Get the smallest pampers and make sure you have a rubber sheet that is flocked with cotton to protect the bed, you get them at Toys R us in the baby linens area
    pinkcalla721

Answer by pinkcalla721 at 12:56 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I agree with pinkcalla721. My daughter can still wear 18 month clothing (in the waist) and wears a size 4 pampers pullup. They are much smaller than huggies.
    lubbockmommy510

Answer by lubbockmommy510 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• You can rip them down the sides and tie the sides in knots. That will make them a little bit tighter. If you can't do that then no drinks after dinner and make sure she goes potty before bed and get her the thick potty training underwear.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:52 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My DD is the same way...2 yrs old and can still wear 12 mo. clothes LOL! We also use the pampers pull-ups size 4. My other DD wears the huggies brand, and if we run out of Pampers I take the Huggies brand and tighten the sides of them. They have that velcro-type side that you can make tighter. My oldest DD was allergic to the plastic pants that go over the undies, but I found some two-in-one kind that have the undies and plastic all together and those work great as well because they leg bands are thicker and don't leave a mark on the legs and no plastic is touching the skin. I've seen them in size 18months, so I know they go small LOL!
    LizClara

Answer by LizClara at 3:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2008