Do you think children raised by homosexual parents are most likely to be homosexual?

Mz_P757

Asked by Mz_P757 at 12:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• No, I don't think they would necessarily be homosexual. Afterall, the homosexuals in question were probably raised by heterosexuals, and that clearly didn't make them hetero, right???
    Turtle207

Answer by Turtle207 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• No.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 1:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I don't necessarily think they will be gay. But they will be messed up for life. And they will think it's ok to be gay.
    Allene29

Answer by Allene29 at 1:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• #1 It is OK to be gay.
    #2 I know lots of people who are messed up for life and none of their parents are not gay.

A gay couple may not be able to provide a perfect enviroment to raise a child. But since the only people I know raised in a perfect enviroment are the Cosby kids and the Cleavers.
    Having gay parents does not make one gay.
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 1:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Absolutely NOT their sexual orientation will be what it will be regardless of the sexuality of their parents.
    astallman72

Answer by astallman72 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Why even respond to this idiocy? The question was posted to start gay bashing.
    Anonymous

• No, and they won't be any more messed up than the children of some of the posters who ask about cheating, lying, stealing, and all kinds of things around here. If the people love each other they will learn about love. They may have hurdles in the future, but no judgements from me.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Nope... it's not something you LEARN. You're either gay or you're not... it doesn't matter who your parents are. However, I do believe children with gay parents will probably grow up with a lot more tolerance than some other kids.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Not one bit.
    Brenna

Answer by Brenna at 4:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Nope. Not at all. And in response to Anonymous' post: "Why even respond to this idiocy? The question was posted to start gay bashing."

I see no gay bashing here. Looks like all the answers are pretty much the same, that no one thinks that being raised by gay parents results in a gay child. How is that gay bashing???
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2008