Best pest control for the yard

I have pets cats and dogs and bugs. I hate bugs. What works for you and your yard?

sweetangie79

Asked by sweetangie79 at 11:57 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Home & Garden

• don't recall the brand or name but the kind that you can stick into the ground works really good and put them on the corners and then one or two in the middle depending on your yard size
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 12:34 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I think that is termite control but I maybe wrong. We have ants and flees and ticks I have 6 cats and 2 dogs and none of the topical stuff has worked this year. I am not about to bathe a cat again. The cats are all outside, we are allergic so they stay outside.
    sweetangie79

Comment by sweetangie79 (original poster) at 12:42 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Professional treatment. Watch for Grouon deas.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:19 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I use Bifenthrin on my lawn. It kills fleas, ticks, fire ants, chinch bugs, armyworms and a few other things. I got it to kill the chinch bugs since they were killing my lawn, but it just works out wonderful that it takes care of fire ants as well. I didn't get it at any home store (home depot or lowes), I had to go to a specialty shop that sells professional grade pest control products.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:17 AM on May. 23, 2011

• If you have specific areas you want to treat, depending on what the pest is, you can also look into Tempo. You have to dilute it with water in a yard sprayer but it works great for a lot of pests, especially spiders. We had to use that at my mom's house for the hobo spiders.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:19 AM on May. 23, 2011

• No idea...
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:10 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I don't have a bug issue, but I would call someone.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:34 PM on May. 26, 2011

• no clue... bugs are supposed to live outside, not sure you can really get rid of them
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:18 PM on May. 27, 2011