How many times a day can hot flashes hit ?

After turning 50 is it normal for hot flashes to hit 10 to 15 times a day ? Also is it normal to loose weight with hot flashes ?

Red54

Asked by Red54 at 12:02 AM on May. 23, 2011 in Health

• Yes, I have them several times a day. However, I've not been lucky enough to loose any weigh with hot flashes.
    klr4

Answer by klr4 at 12:06 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Yes and yes! I started to have hot flashes actually two years ago, but they weren't too bad. I started taking Remifemin and I thought that was helping me. Apparently, the hot flashes had kind of went away, because by last August they were back with a vengeance!  I tried many, many HRT, but finally landed on Activella.  It's saved me!  The hot flashes are gone, and I actually feel so much better... like my old self again. 

But, to answer your question, they can be numerous or they might not even bother you.  Some women don't even realize they are having an actual hot flash (lucky ones)! 

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:09 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I went shopping in Salem, MA with my aunt and a group of her friends who were all menopausal. They all had hot flashes in every single shop so that means that they all had a minimum of 20 that day. I dread this time.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 12:15 AM on May. 23, 2011

• My mom takes progesterone cream to help with her hot flashes.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 12:20 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Can soy help with the hot flashes ? I would like to use something natural if at all possible.
    Red54

Comment by Red54 (original poster) at 12:31 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Supposed to be that soy actually mimics estrogen which may make hot flashes worse. Try the progesterone cream. It may not get rid of them but it should help.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 1:16 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Black Kohash is better than soy. Soy seems to take a while. They are both natural and can be used at the same time. The hot flashes do get better with time. I was put into surgical menopause at the age of 35. So its been ten years and mine are finally slowing down. The more you stay out of the heat the better. Summer was my fav time of year now its winter. Lol. Its normal for the amount of hot flashes and the weight loss although I didn't lose weight.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 1:36 AM on May. 24, 2011