Losing weight WHILE being pregnant?

I'm a little on the chunkier side(5'6" and 220) and I have been losing weight the healthy way(Weight watchers and walking 3 miles 5X's a week). I was wondering if its okay if I keep on walking eating healthy that if I lose weight while being pregnant is okay. Please no bashing!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on May. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• YES! As long as your not doing any crazy dieting its just fine and very healthy for you. The most important thing is to make sure that your getting all your vitamins and are still eating enough. Good Luck!!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 12:41 AM on May. 23, 2011

• You can do all these things while your pregnant because it is part of your normal routine and your body is use to it. Your not having to stress your body by forcing yourself so it's not having a negative affect on you. Your being healthy which is great for you and your baby so keep up the good work. People feel like they can just eat the way they want but they need to think about the bigger picture. You definitely are, good job again!!
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 12:49 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I'm a big mamma and I lose weight when pregnant without trying. My last pregnancy I lost 25 pounds even though I was eating 6 times a day and had gestational diabetes. I think that as long as you let your dr know what you're doing, eating healthy, and getting enough calories for a pregnancy then it would be ok to lose some.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on May. 23, 2011

• yes you will be fine i lost 10lbs with this one and have nvr lost weight durning a pregancy ..granted ive only been prego twice but my friend is a bit bigger and she lost like 25lbs i beleive and only gained +4lbs through out her whole pregancy..as long as you are eatting good and stuff like that then you will be just fine no worries til your doc says something!!! GL
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 8:31 AM on May. 23, 2011

• oh and there was a women at my work who was on weight watchers and stayed on that while she was prego she lost 50 and gaind 4 and her dd was almst 8lbs!!! so talk to your doc bout the weight watchers things!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 8:33 AM on May. 23, 2011