How do I get fleas out of my yard?

my yard is mostly sand but i cant keep my dog flea free when every time he goes outside he gets infested. ugh HELP!!!

mymindseye1903

Asked by mymindseye1903 at 12:42 AM on May. 23, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I believe that you can get a spray for the yard that is pet safe
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 12:45 AM on May. 23, 2011

• You can buy a product By Adams. You can use it both inside and outside. I have bought it at Petco. Also, there is a new monthly pill for a dog called Comfortis that will prevent him from getting fleas. This year they have combined that pill and his heart worm prevention pill and it's now called Trifexis. I know it won't kill the fleas outside, but they will die once they get on your pet, which will prevent them from coming inside.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:08 AM on May. 23, 2011

• seven dust- im pretty sure u can buy it at walmart but i no u can get it at hardware stores
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 1:40 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I got a groupon deal, and had my yard professionally treated for fleas, ticks and mosquitos.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:18 AM on May. 23, 2011

• There are sprays for your yard. And use a treatment like Comfortis for the dogs.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:55 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I say gather up all the neighborhood dogs and cats and invite them to your yard.......in hopes they hitch a ride on the animals and leave the sand pit yard! LOL

Just kidding, I have the same issue with ALOT of sand and some grass.......treat the yard like a few posted and check with your vet about something for your pet.

If you can try to treat the yard and get some sod for your sandy area...hopefully the grass with grow and help cut down on that area where there is just sand.

Good luck!!!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 12:45 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Theres a fly spray for the yard you can purchase
    iam4you2

Answer by iam4you2 at 4:33 PM on May. 23, 2011

• A spray for your yard
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:10 AM on May. 26, 2011

• They make sprays you can use, but also use a topical like Advantix on your dog!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:34 PM on May. 26, 2011

• no idea
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:17 PM on May. 27, 2011