Does anyone have any kind of tips for me on having two kids under one?

Anything would help from bedtime, mealtime, packing the diaperbag, travel, also Any snack ideas?

Littlemomma174

Asked by Littlemomma174 at 12:50 AM on May. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• routine routine routine. And get plenty of rest when you can!!! goodluck!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 12:51 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Thanks we have one with the one year old dinner bath play story then bed but I'm not sure how to get the new baby on the same one
    Littlemomma174

Comment by Littlemomma174 (original poster) at 1:11 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Just try to continue the same routine for the older as best you can when the new one comes. Even if it means, mommy does all that sometimes and daddy others or mommy does dinner and bath, daddy does play and story or vice versa. The baby should get the hang of it with time. Try to do the baby's bath earlier in the day then you or your SO can give the baby dinner while the other gives the older a bath. Then everyone join in on play and story and hopefully both will fall asleep so you and your hubby can enjoy some adult conversation.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 2:55 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I just winged it. I had no schedule or routine. We just did whatever worked that day. I had 3 under 3, too (my oldest was 28 months and 2nd was 13 months when the 3rd was born). We didn't start to have a routine until they were all toddlers. If the kids all got changed and fed that day I was good. Chores I did only when absolutely necessary. I never left the house with them unless my husband was going, too because logistically it was a nightmare getting 2/3 kids in and out of carseats.
    At home we just did whatever. I slept until they woke me up, ate when one of us got hungry, took naps when they did if I could get them to nap at the same time and went to bed at night when we all fell asleep.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:39 PM on May. 23, 2011