What diet has worked best for you and what is your motivator?

Having a hard time finding my motivation and keeping it. I have an eating disorder BED. And I am getting counseling for it and she keeps telling me to force myself to exercise. I do every once in a while but I have my reasons for the days I don't lol.

Any help would be appreciated. Oh and I know if I reduce my calories and exercise more is the general rule of thumb on this kind of thing I'm just curious what has worked for others and how they keep it going.

THANKS SO MUCH :)

myownhappiness

Asked by myownhappiness at 12:57 AM on May. 23, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I have a lot of motivations, and I've written them down, everything from keeping my blood pressure low and being around for my son to looking fab in a bikini. Whatever the motivation, it's written down. I post it where I can see it, so that I can easily remind myself. It's always hard to START a regular exercise routine, but once you start, and you get "the bug", it feels bad to NOT exercise. I try to remember that I never regret working out, but I regret NOT working out. As far as food, I eat clean, which has made a huge difference for me. I've lost over 60 lbs so far, with more to go. I can stick with this for the rest of my life, and I don't feel limited. Feel free to PM me if you'd like me to go more in depth with all this, only so much space here! =) Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:03 AM on May. 23, 2011

• You are not alone!!!!!!!!!! I have the same problem, tomorrow I am actually starting back at counting my caloric intake ... there is no certain diet that I will follow - just alot of grilled chicken and veggies, I substitute ground turkey meat for ground beef in everything I cook too. As far as a motivator - I went to the beach this past week and my DH took pictures of me in my swimsuit - I nearly cried when I saw them. I have lost weight in the past as long as I kept at it which is hard because I stray to easily with what I eat. I am starting P90X excersize routine again and it works you out real good. I wish I could tell you something profound that would jump start you but I know like me youve heard it all before, so I wish u luck and just know I'm right there with ya.
    MomDW

Answer by MomDW at 1:11 AM on May. 23, 2011

• get someone to work out with you to keep you motivated i have to have someone go w me or i wnt go i feel uncomfortable going by myself bc i feel like everyone is judging me but my hubby started going w me now i dnt kind going!! n it helps bc i wana show him that i can do it kinda deal!! as far as dieting nothing really seemed to help but since my husband has deployed i have lost weight bc i havent been eating his portion sizes lol
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 1:29 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Thanks ladies
    myownhappiness

Comment by myownhappiness (original poster) at 12:07 PM on May. 23, 2011

• my motivation is that I'm tired of hating my body. I want to be proud that I am a mommy, I want to be strong and healthy again.
    I'm starting P90X again (I did it before I got pregnant)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 12:33 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Calories in calories out is working great for me. Really another way of looking at it is healthier eating, portion sizes, and exercise.

I stay motivated by losing weight. it also helps to have some mini-goals along the way. For me- when I started 4 months ago I had to lose 100 pounds. Which is a lot. But having some mini goals- like by ___ date I'm going to have lost 10 pounds. And then by ____ date I will have lost another 10 pounds.

So far I've lost 60. And I've got just 40 left to lose!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 2:41 PM on May. 23, 2011

• WOW Erica. That is AMAZING!!! Congrats.
    myownhappiness

Comment by myownhappiness (original poster) at 5:26 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I look very short term. Today I am going to do 20 sit ups, 10 push ups and walk for 20 minutes. Tomorrow will be another day.
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 11:39 AM on May. 31, 2011