My four year old still has accidents, why???

I have a four year old daughter that continues to have potty accidents and we can't figure out why??? At this point I'm just getting angry and I'm not handling it very well. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• CALM DOWN MOMMY, IT COULD BE THAT SHE MAY HAVE A SMALL BLADDER. THERE ARE LOTS OF CHILDREN THAT HAVE THIS VERY SAME PROBLEM. I HAD IT UNTIL I WAS 10 YEARS OLD. MY SO IS 8 AND HE HAS THE SAME PROBLEM. TRY AN ALARM CLOCK AT NIGHT AT LEAST TWICE AND NO WATER OR DRINKS AN HOUR BEFORE BED.
    MIXED

Answer by MIXED at 11:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I AM SORRY MY SON HAS IT WHOM IS 8 YEARS OLD
    MIXED

Answer by MIXED at 11:14 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• please do not punish your lo for this...some mama's make there kids help change the beding etc. my sis is 13 and still has the problem...she went to the doc and she dont know that she has to go. they have her on these lil pills and a nasel sprey that helps..i wish you luck. just please dont punish you lo for something they cant help.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:16 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• My 7 year old still has accidents. She has to sleep in a pull up at night so I can't help you with it. We restrict fluids, make her wash her linen, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Yes first of all try and get "the big picture" here. The more you freak the more she will do this. At this age kids are busy and don't want to stop to pee, plus they are afraid if they do they might miss something. I suggest you lovingly take her to the potty once she has an accident with some clean clothes and the baby wipes and a plastic bag. Tell her she is a "big girl" now and if she is going to go in her pants she needs to clean herself up. Encourage her but let her take the wet stuff off and put it in a bag and wipe herself clean and get dressed..help if she needs it. But the less you freak and draw attention to this the sooner it will stop. Good Luck. When she is asking for the car keys you will long for these days trust me!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:18 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My son had a problem with accidents until after 5. Here my parents were giving him fluids that had caffeine which the doctor told me acutally will help induce wetting. My parents would give him small amounts of soda and iced tea thinking it wouldnt hurt and actually it was making it harder for him. Also, at 4 and 5 my son was A VERY HEAVY sleeper. He rarely woke up during the nights and load noises didnt bother him. So nights were tough until he was old enough and had a big enough bladder to sleep through the night without having to wake up. He also out grew the deep sleeping gradually.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2008