Denture Cost?

It looks to me like my husband is going to need dentures. He NEEDS to go see a dentist but hasn't yet because we don't have the money or insurance. Let's assume, for argument's sake, that he will need all of his remaining teeth extracted and a full set of dentures. For those of you that have dentures or know someone who does, approximately what are we looking at here? $5,000? $10,000? More? Less?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on May. 23, 2011 in Health

• I used to work in a dental office, this is what my office did: 1st appointment was exam, chart the mouth, xrays and work up a treatment plan, and then we would set up appointments and discuss the finances. Most dentists have their own set fees - so you may want to call around and ask what the dentists in your area charge for dentures. As for extractions- that cost would depend on how many teeth, what type of extraction (like is it going to be surgical). Some dentists will do extractions, others will refer you to an oral surgeon for extractions. If you do not have insurance you should ask the dental offices what their payment policy is... some expect payment at time of service, and others are willing to be flexible and let you pay in installments.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:22 AM on May. 23, 2011

• MizLee is definitely right. A lot of variables at play here. DH had to get full top and bottoms done, and I believe it was about $6000, including extractions (two of which so far were surgical). Still waiting to get the bottom ones, but it has all been paid upfront.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:37 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I recently have been to a couple of dentists for different reason. Full mouth dentures could range between 6-10 thousand dollars.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:03 AM on May. 23, 2011