Anyone who have experienced the same thing?

I'm getting really worried if this is a symptom for anything serious. I'm trying to say one thing, and I always end up saying a different thing. Like I really meant to say, apples and I ended up saying bananas. Been experiencing this for the past few months or so. And today, I've noticed that I'm interchanging calling my son's and husband's names.

filmom2ethan

Asked by filmom2ethan at 1:35 AM on May. 23, 2011 in Health

• I have this too. Actually, I have had it for 30 years.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:39 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Most likely, it's nothing more than stress. Usually your brain and mouth are not in sync. Like your brain can't process it fast enough for your mouth to get out the correct word. However, it never hurts to check it out with your Dr. next time you are there, if you're still worried about it. I remember my mom going through each kid's name before she got to the right one. LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:44 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I would suggest checking with your doctor as soon as possible. You could have had a mini stroke....you can have one and not have any visible symptoms...that might be affecting your ability to use the right word at the right time.
    Joyzap2003

Answer by Joyzap2003 at 1:53 AM on May. 23, 2011

• It very well cld be just stress as stated before. But therecld be an underlying isue also. Not saying this is what is wrong but from experance. I started having the samething happening to me over 2 yrs ago with in a few mo of this starting I had other things also going along with it from loss of balance, to being sleepy all the time, my body hurting ad so on I went to my family dr who ran all kinda tests trying to find what as going on. Everyday it got worse and worse. I was finaly sent to a nurologest after 12 Mris, 6 cat scans and uncountless xrays not to mention diff injections. Once I saw the nuro she ran a branal and servical spin mri and come to find I had 7 leasions on my brain and 4 on my servical spine I was diagnosted with MS and a mo later also diagnosted with fibromyalgia. At first my family dr thought it was also stress causing me to not beable to say wat I wanted please be safe than sorry see ur dr! Cld b nothing
    Bre

Answer by Bre at 2:00 AM on May. 23, 2011

• @bre, what's MS?
    filmom2ethan

Comment by filmom2ethan (original poster) at 2:09 AM on May. 23, 2011

• It may just be stress. Definitely go to the doctor if symptoms worsen.
    pjackson01

Answer by pjackson01 at 10:29 AM on May. 23, 2011