Who has a bunk bed for there 5 year old??

Just got are boy a bunk bed and Im super nervous about him falling off in the middle of night haha, I know he will be fine but I still worry...how many of you have bunk beds for your kids? how old?? any accidents??

socalikim

Asked by socalikim at 2:51 AM on May. 23, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My twin nephews are 4 and they have a bunk. the one on the top bunk has protective railing attached to the side.. it was 15$ from walmart.
    tasha94952

Answer by tasha94952 at 2:56 AM on May. 23, 2011

• My kids are 8 and 3 and have a bunk bed. 8 yr old on top, 3 yr old on bottom. Both the top and bottom have railing on both sides and sometimes the 3 yr old sleep in the top with her sister. The only near accident was me almost falling off the ladder when I was changing the sheets.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on May. 23, 2011

• lol I will keep that in mind :)
    socalikim

Comment by socalikim (original poster) at 3:20 AM on May. 23, 2011

• My oldest was in the top bunk starting when he was 6 (four years ago) - we never had a problem.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 5:51 AM on May. 23, 2011

• My 5 year old son sleeps on top bunk no problem and won't have it any other way. The side railings are protective and he loves it up there.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 6:01 AM on May. 23, 2011

• When my older boys were little and shared a room they had bunk beds - the younger one was 5 and slept on the top (because his older brother has autism). No problems.

Answer by missanc at 10:05 AM on May. 23, 2011

• My son was in loft bed, taller than bunk beds, when he was 4 and the only problem was changing the sheets. He had to help because when I was prengant I was not climbing up there to do it!!!
    Now we have bunk beds and my 3 yo naps in it. No issues with them falling from the bed just off the ladder.
    When the kids have friends over though there is a strict no kids on the bed rule, I have fears of them horse playing and falling off.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:33 AM on May. 23, 2011

• i have a bunk bed for ss but hes 7 and hates the top bunk
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 12:12 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I have a 6 yr old and 4 yr old and no accidents yet it'll be 2 years now
    FrugalMassMama

Answer by FrugalMassMama at 4:23 PM on May. 23, 2011

• My 4.5 year old and 1 year old have a bunk bed. The oldest is on top of course. :) It's been GREAT!!
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 6:04 PM on May. 23, 2011