Does anyone think you don't need a plan for a baby?

I'm 5 months pregnant and my bf doesn't think we need a plan. He hasn't saved any money up. He is about to switch jobs and we may have to move to another town.

MommyMJean

Asked by MommyMJean at 3:43 AM on May. 23, 2011 in Money & Work

• I think u need more answers!
    kainesmommybrie

Answer by kainesmommybrie at 4:05 AM on May. 23, 2011

• you definitely need to not move while pregnant, or move fast. be stable at least for the baby, and for ur sanity. he really needs to get a job and you both need to plan this, are you insured. you have a lot to think about. ur bf is defintely wrong.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 5:04 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Well speaking from my own experience.. Babies usually plan themselves. LOL! but it is your responsibility as parents to insure the safety, care, quality of life your baby is going to have.And it sound to me like you have the right idea...so keep plugging. Its a learning experience everyday. My kids are almost grown and Im still "planning"...but like I said, they have a way of planning themselves, you just have to know when to adjust to meet them. :) Congrats! and Good Luck!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 8:43 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Remember it's both of you jobs to have a plan, not just him. He is daddy but all the responsibility shouldn't be put on him. You two should sit down real soon and come up with a plan where both of you will be providing all you can for your little bundle.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 5:46 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Actually, the planning should start before deciding to have a baby together. You need to find common ground on finances, religion, discipline, education, etc.

Please, please, please, for the sake of your child, have couples counseling now! If he won't go, go alone.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:04 AM on May. 23, 2011

• i don't plan but being completely lost isn't good either. one of u needs to have an actual job and not a maybe job!
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 4:38 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I wouldnt necessarily say you need a plan as such, but you do need to be stable and secure as soon as possible and under a Dr that you see all the time, all the normal responsible things.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 5:27 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I never planned anything. Babies don't stick to plans anyways. Sure, we made sure we had their clothes and bed ready, but that was it. When I was 6mos preg. with my second baby my husband lost his job and ended up in the hospital for 6 weeks, and our oldest was less than a year old at the time. I got pregnant with my third while my DH was laid off and I lost my job when they found out I was pregnant. Our kids have never gone without, they've never needed for anything and we were always more than ready... I mean, you don't really need much for babies. They need some diapers (which we use cloth), a few outfits (no more than 6 or 7, cause they are out of them in 2 weeks) and a carseat. Beyond that, we never needed anything - of course if you are going to use a crib or bottles or something you need those, but we don't. What planning does that take? A trip to KMart, that's it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:49 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Why so many changes? But if you are going to move, do it before the baby is born.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:49 PM on May. 23, 2011