leaking fluid tmi maybe

ok so i was sleeping and all the sudden alot of fulid came out for down there and so i was like ok kinda weird i went to the bath room to whipe my self and more came out as i was doing it on my hand (it was really gross) it was a clear fluid and had no smell im only 29 weeks any one know wut that is

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• go get checked by a doctor.

we would have absolutely no way of knowing what the fluid was. The doctor can do a simple litmus paper test to see if it was amniotic fluid or urine or discharge.
    Anonymous

• I think I'd be calling the doc if I were you. It could have just been urine or a lot of discharge, but it also could have been your water breaking or leaking. Better to be safe then sorry. Give the doc a call, and if you can't get ahold of him/her, I would just head to the ER.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:30 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• i forgot to add i was in the hospital last night and they gave me a shot to stop my contractions does any one think that the shot could have something to do with it
    Anonymous

• Wait, so you were in preterm labor last night? Yes, I would most definitely be getting myself to the hospital to get checked. Good luck.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• i agree with bluefrogmama i would go get checked right away
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• they also gave me a test that told them i did not have the hormaons that girls have when they go in to labor and my cirvix was closed and the test thing was to see if i could go in to labor with in the next two weeks
    Anonymous

• I know exactly what test you're talking about. I had that when I was maybe 21 weeks with my son. Anyway, as I recall, that test was not fool proof. If I recall correctly, the presence of the hormone is a bad thing (labor is coming) but the absence of the hormone actually doesn't mean anything one way or the other. So it can tell you if there's trouble brewing, but it can't tell you if everything is a-okay. So, that said, you need to call your doctor, hon.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• They can test the birth canal for signs of amniotic fluid... go to the L&D. It's better to be safe the sorry. If that is your fluid, you need to be monitored and make sure the baby is okay. I had a scare like that around 29 weeks. Please go to the hospital.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:47 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• so the fulid keeps leakign and now i am getting stomic pains i called me mom and asked her wut to do and she said wait just a little long and if it does not get better she will take me to the l&b again
    Anonymous