Where were you when you went into labor?

I always think about where will I be when it finaly happens!

ChanQ

Asked by ChanQ at 4:16 AM on May. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• 2 out of the 4 times I was home and it was middle of the night.

With number 3 I actually had a doctor's appointment that morning, was feeling the contractions every 10 minutes but said nothing. She even asked if I was having contractions that day. I said no. I was only 37 weeks so she didn't check me or anything. I even went to work after the appointment and worked the whole shift having regular contractions. At the end of the shift, I told me manager. She freaked out and sent me home. Baby girl was born the next morning.

With number 2, I was at work too but didn't think I was in labor. I just noticed I was leaking, my panties would be wet every time I went to the bathroom so I went to the hospital to have it checked out. It was labor, he was born later that day.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 5:43 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I was at home. My ex-husband just had an elective knee surgery that morning (can you feel the bitterness) and I went home to take a nap. Then my friend called me to find out what was taking so long for me to have the baby since I was overdue. I told her any day now, hung up the phone and then my water broke. I was not one of those prepared moms so I threw stuff into a bag and drove myself to the hospital. As I got up to the labor and delivery ward they were wheeling the jackass in too who was high as a kite. Not an ideal situation but fun to tell.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 4:37 AM on May. 23, 2011

• well i don't know where i was because my water never broke and i was more worried about my little sister (which was also pregnant at a different hospital.) The dr told me i was in lobar and I was rushed to have an emergency c-section.
    Karisma_Thomas

Answer by Karisma_Thomas at 4:20 AM on May. 23, 2011

• at home... all 3 times.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 4:40 AM on May. 23, 2011

• at home first time, had a very slow labor, no worries. second time i was induced.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 5:00 AM on May. 23, 2011

• At home in the middle of the night with all three!
    MamaSin-dRN

Answer by MamaSin-dRN at 5:39 AM on May. 23, 2011

• the first one was induced but i guess i started having contractions in the car on the way there. the second was at home luckily, but i was not at all prepared and when i finally got to the hospital they sent me home and i came back just in the nick of time. unfortunately, i still haven't gotten my sleeping schedule back to normal.
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 6:34 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Baby #1--at home 2:30am. I had just gotten up to go to the bathroom and my water broke

Baby#2--at home 5:00pm. I had just walked out of the bathroom and my water broke.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:02 AM on May. 23, 2011

• With DS I was at home sleeping. I had my first contraction around 7am on Sun. I had him via c-section at 5:49 mon evening.
    DD was a scheduled c-sec but I was having contractions all night the night before I went in. I never went to the hospital because they weren't that bad and I knew I was scheduled to go in at 5 am!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:41 AM on May. 23, 2011

• i was induced with my dd they popped my water around 6am...this one we will see!!!!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 7:53 AM on May. 23, 2011