How do I keep from going crazy while staying home 24/7 with my 4 and 7 year old while my husband is working 2wks at a time? I'm use to working and am home for the summer. I'm going CRAZY!

bamagirlnicnac

Asked by bamagirlnicnac at 1:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in General Parenting

• Welcome to the world of being a SAHM. lol!! honestly we all go through this. i have a 2 1/2 yr old and a 13 mo old. i have my days as well. but my husband comes home daily. do you have any play groups or indoor palygrounds where you are at? I know i take the kids to the park often different parks because they get bored with the same one. I also take them to a carnival that is inside our local mall. I have taken them to Mc'Donalds to the play area before just to play and meet other moms and kids. wake them up early and keep them busy then they should be tired and sleep sooner in the night so you can relax. do they have friend especially the 7 yr old? like a little friend she can go to hang out with her and then the next week the little girl can come to her house? i know im not much help sorry. good luck!!
    Sarah
    1boy1girl4me

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 1:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Our city offers park programs like "tot lot" where events, games and crafts are done. Also the library has reading time and incentive reading programs. Between sports, plasma donation (extra cash while they watch the kids), and free to cheap local events I dont have time to evaluate my sanity. This is my link to other adults so at i feel sane.
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 1:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Sign them up for soccer, baseball, SOMETHING! Those activities will help with their social skills, their time management, YOUR sanity... there are lots of programs at your park district, YMCA, school district, churches, etc. I'm sure you can find something that will meet your schedule and your budget. My neighbor kids are 5 and 9... they've done soccer, baseball, swimming... their mom LOVES taking them to these activities. She said that even though she has to sit there with them, it's nice that someone else is "watching them". :)
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 3:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Well there mama, find a playgroup for your kids, and make some mommie friends! Then you will have some other people to associate with, and you wont have to be stuck at home with the kids all the time. Also, take up a new hobby. Learn how to sew or crochet, or even cross stitch or paint...
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 8:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I am a SAHM too and my hubby has not been home a mere 2 months in the last 7. it is tough. add me as a friend.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2008