anyone have experience in....

just wondering if anyone has been involved in an religious "cults"--how they got out, if they got out, and how they dealt with the aftermath ect--if they are willing to share their story.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• WOW! what a question! Have you checked the groups section here for "cult" survivors? I'll bet there is a group here for that. From what I know about cults it's usually the persons family who hires someone to get the person out and un brain wash them.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:25 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Are wanting this as advice or for a documentary?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Hmmm well Its been over six months and I am still dealing with the aftermath. We just walked and stopped taking phone calls but they stalked us. Went to my husbands work when he was on teh clock (and he worked third shift 40 miles one way from the town the church was based out of) after phone calls at 3 am we filed a police report and infroemd them of such. They had prayer meetings daily and prayed that our unborn child would die. When Our son miraculously survived a high risk pregnancy we were seen in the wic office by a member of the cult who informed the church adn we receieved a phone call teh following day. I have nightmares almost every night. It gets better each day but there is a serious greiving process that has to take place. Feel free to contact me. There is strength in numbers and comfort in similair experiences
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I think it would depend on your definition of a cult cuz most, if not all religions, could fall into this category.
    Many who leave a religion feel like they were IN a cult but the rest of the world wouldnt see it as such.

So which were you looking for? Ones personally felt as cults or those the world views as such?
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 12:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2008