Ds just threw up and it is a yellow-greenish adult content

is this a sign of infection? Only thing I came up with was bile. Last time he did this it was an ear infection, but he is not pulling on his ear or anything. Yesterday he was holding his stomach like it was hurting, but when I asked him what was wrong he ran and played. He has no fever, but he is laying on me which is unusual for him to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on May. 23, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Before you eat your stomach will have bile in it, which is as you described. The color is nothing to be concerned with, I don't think, but the fact that he is so small and threw up is a cause for concern. Has he been exposed to intestinal flu? My guess is that he's picked up a bug somewhere.
    dkvhensley

Answer by dkvhensley at 8:17 AM on May. 23, 2011

• He was around a bunch of kids over the weekend. His dad had to get on to him about drinking other kids juices.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:19 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I agree with dkvhensley.

You may want to try to give him some room temp. lemon lime gatorade or powerade and see if he keeps that down. Ive gotten sick before like that where after all my getting sick....bile was the only thing left. I had had a virus of some sort. As they say you never get the same cold twice....check his temperature and see how he does keeping something down.

Then check with your childs doctor if he gets sick again. Hope he gets to feeling better!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 8:21 AM on May. 23, 2011

• BUMP
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 8:21 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Sounds like he has a lot of drainage and he threw up mucus. Maybe from allergies or sinuses. Mine have done it a lot in the past.
    kat1116

Answer by kat1116 at 8:27 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Thanks ladies!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:27 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Could be just bile. I know my kids have had it happen before.
    othermom

Answer by othermom at 9:13 AM on May. 23, 2011