How much?

How much do you think a gallon of gas should cost?

CometGirl

Asked by CometGirl at 8:35 AM on May. 23, 2011 in Money & Work

• I think under $2 a gallon. You figure just ten years ago when my son was born gas was $1.45! It was not until Katrina that we saw things start to get out of control.

Answer by gemgem at 9:22 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Under $2.00

Answer by louise2 at 8:46 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Should cost? LOL! My age is really going to show here...but I have seen gas when it was 25 cents a gallon with a gas war going on. LOL! For those of you who dont know what a gas war is..its when gas stations would challenged each other (as in a marketing war - game) to reach the very bottom cent of their gas prices in order to bring in customers to their gas stations. Customer service and the sales of soda kept the stations going. Something no one offers on todays market. Customer service! LOL! In my opinion it should be around $2. Thats where it was just a few years a go when President Clinton was in office and our economy was doing very well. I dont think anything has changed except our countrys deficit of having a bad president after Clinton so we are now paying for it thru the things the government controls and we are very dependent upon - GAS. Sorry...Moma Speach is now over! Final Answer $2 is a fair price. LOL
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 8:59 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Oh and lacyjones I remember gas wars lol

Answer by gemgem at 9:23 AM on May. 23, 2011

• $3.00 or less
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 8:36 AM on May. 23, 2011

• $3.00
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 8:40 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Enough to allow the oil companies to make a reasonable profit. So that should equate to about $1.50.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:41 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I think it should be about $1.50, never over $2.00.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:43 PM on May. 23, 2011

• $2 sounds good to me. But it really can't stay there forever. Especially with inflation. =(
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 2:32 PM on May. 23, 2011

• It is a finite good, and should be used sparingly. The more is costs, the longer the supply will last

Answer by rkoloms at 6:47 PM on May. 23, 2011