What do you pack in a hospital bag for you and baby ?

Im starting to pack my hospital bag im 34 weeks and When I had my daughter I didnt know how or what to pack so I had nothing.This time I want to be ready. So what do you all think ? what do you all pack in yours ?

mommyof0210

Asked by mommyof0210 at 8:40 AM on May. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I packed old underware, Pads that were comfortable for me. My own shampoo and conditioner, as well as 2 outfits for the baby. Also 2 changes of clothes for youself. Other then that you dont really need anything unless ya cant live without the internet then bring a laptop lol
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:44 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Here are a few lists... take from them what you like... Also think about what didn't you have last time that you wish you did??

http://www.babyzone.com/pregnancy/labor_birth/article/packing-hospital-bag

http://www.babycenter.com/packing-for-the-hospital-or-birth-center

http://www.thecradle.com/hospital_checklist

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:51 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Dont pack too much...undies that you dont mind gettin stained more then 1 pair if you dont want to use the ones they provide...I always just used the ones they gave me though..pads if you dont want to use the ones they provide...deff. brng some for going home in though...a going home outfit for you and your LO as well as an extra for LO in case of spit up or diaper blow out and an outfit if your going to have hospital pics taken if you dont want to use the going home outfit for that...a blanket or 2...they should provide diapers,wipes and formula...you can take them with you so no need to pack those..camera..batteries...stuff for you DH to do if he's goung to be there any length of time...if DH will be there overnight as well pack some things for him.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 8:52 AM on May. 23, 2011

• It kinda depends on if you are having a scheduled c-section or not...although that just changes the ammount of stuff you might want to bring....here is my list that I had

underware
    nursing bra(with the pads)
    pads loose pj pants
    a robe if youll be there long
    hair brush
    shampoo/conditioner
    body wash
    hair ties
    socks
    tooth brush
    glasses (i wear contacts)
    book (to pass time)
    clothes for SO if hes staying there

I have a check list i used ill post the link. =) good luck....this was my list before i had my son but he came the day before we got paid when i was going to go to the store to get everything i needed....GOOD LUCK!!

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/planningandpreparing/packinglist.htm
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:59 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I was windering the same thing. You think I would know having 2 other babies, but I can't remember lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:15 AM on May. 23, 2011

• thanks everyone and lol mommy5409
    mommyof0210

Comment by mommyof0210 (original poster) at 9:25 AM on May. 23, 2011

• For me I packed underwear, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo & conditioner, hair ties, brush, 4-5 pajamas, robe, slippers, body spray/lotion,plenty of socks, dvd's bc I hate daytime TV, camera, deodorant, and also some snacks bc I didnt like hospital food lol. Or and nursing bra and nursing pads if you plan to nurse.

For baby I packed receiving blankets (2), 4 outfits (2 bring home dressy, 2 not), 4 onesies, socks, hat, and small stuffed animal I put in their bassinet so people would know which baby was mine.

Answer by gemgem at 9:29 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Don't forget slippers for those nasty hospital floors!!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:49 AM on May. 23, 2011