issues!!!

ummmm well. i have 2 give my baby a bath every nite or she gets a really bad rash on her bak. i have 2 put baking soda n her bath 4 it 2! any advise on wat it culd be??? by the way shes 6 months!

xkrystals.momx

Asked by xkrystals.momx at 12:44 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you wash her with baby soap? My daughter had that problem the doctor told me not to wash her with soap just water..
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:46 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• She may be allergic to the clothes she is wearing or the laundry detergent you use it could be the lotion you put on her or the sweat build up on her skin. I'd suggest talking to your pediatrician about it , perhaps they could recommend you to a dermatologist that can help you with your baby.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 12:47 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• are you sure she isnt getting a rash BECAUSE you are bathing her every single night and once she doesnt get a bath its getting the rash to try to heal itself?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• it started befor i started given her a bath every nite. the dr told me 2 give her a bath that often. it gets so bad she will scratch it till it bleeds!!!!
    xkrystals.momx

Answer by xkrystals.momx at 12:55 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• oh. is it crackley? sp?? and scaly at all??
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 12:56 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• no. its just red n blotchy.
    xkrystals.momx

Answer by xkrystals.momx at 1:03 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Try Aveeno
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 1:22 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• try using a mild baby soap..when my daughter was a baby i used to use the dove baby, either the body wash or the soap..also..dont know what type of detergent you use, but i know my family as well as many others i know all get rashes whenever TIDE is used for laundry..could be the dryer sheets too..or fabric softener..ive heard that aveeno baby stuff works really great..i personally havent tried it..but..i dunno, might be worth a shot
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:30 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Try changing the laundry detergent. There are a few that are really strong, and babies with sensitive skin can't handle them. Like PP said, Tide is one of them. Something is making her have a reaction, so start changing things one at a time every few days until you figure out what it is. If it itches that bad it's an allergic reaction to something.
    childrengalore

Answer by childrengalore at 2:21 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My DD used to get that, my pediatrictian said DO NOT use any of the johnson & johnson brand soaps or lotions. The chemicals in it are too strong for babys sensitive skin sometimes. I use eucerin lotion for her now, and huggies brand soap.
    Good luck!
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 4:59 AM on Dec. 8, 2008