Has anyone ever gotten pregnant while having the IUD??

What happened if u did?? I got it recently, then i heard that if you DO get pregnant, you will miscarry, if that's true then im getting rid of it!

SummersMamma

Asked by SummersMamma at 1:02 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• when i say IUD im talking about Mirena..
    SummersMamma

Answer by SummersMamma at 1:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• ok. umm i have the IUD im not sure if i was pregnant, but, i did bleed really heavy 4 like 2weeks n i had really bad pains in my lower stomache that made me cry! idk thou.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• It's not common but it can happen....nothing is 100%. If you get pregnant on it, then they remove it which can cause a miscarriage but not always.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:15 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I've heard of people getting pregnant with an IUD, not necessarily merina, but others. And you don't always miscarry but it can have some bad side effects, and other times the baby can come out just fine. Send me a message if you have anymore questions. I don't personally haven't had an IUD but alot of my friends has and some experienced the pregnancy issues with it.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 1:16 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• You should ask your doctor.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:17 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Intrauterine Devices (IUDs)

During counseling, providers need to discuss the signs of possible IUD complications with the client and advise her to return immediately if any of the ...
    www.fhi.org/training/en/modules/IUD/s2pg10.htm
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:39 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Intrauterine Devices: Separating Fact From Fallacy

The most serious complication associated with IUDs is infection. .... Although infection and ectopic pregnancy cause the most serious IUD complications, ...
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:40 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I just miscarried two weeks ago with my IUD...I am having it removed because of that.
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 5:22 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• By the way I am on Mirena....and would Never reccomend it to anyone. After I got the positive preo test, my Dr. informed me not to get too excited, by the time he would remove it, I would most likely miscarry...and I did.
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 5:24 AM on Dec. 8, 2008