Hi, does anyone know of a web site where I could look up sex offenders in my area??

FRANCINE818

Asked by FRANCINE818 at 1:19 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Just for Fun

• i found one on my city's web page..
    SummersMamma

Answer by SummersMamma at 1:21 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• ya i googled Sex offenders and the first one that popped up was
    www.familywatchdog.us

thats what i use also
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:21 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• www.familywatchdog.us
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:23 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• National Sex Offender Registry

Free national US search for registered sex offenders. Map registered sex offenders to see who lives in your area.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:36 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Federal Bureau of Investigation - Crimes Against Children ...

The National Sex Offender Public Registry website—coordinated by the Department ... Visit the background on the National Sex Offender Registry webpage for ...
    www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/cac/registry.htm
    vbruno

• National Sex Offenders Registry - Registered Sex Offenders List

Registered sex offenders list the national sex offenders registry. Access information on 491720 registered sex offenders. Do sex offenders live in your ...
    www.registeredoffenderslist.org/ -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:37 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Go to www.meganslaw.com ...

Just enter your zip code to see how many predators live in your area.

Cindrella72

Answer by Cindrella72 at 1:37 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I use the watchdog one, but I also just type in the name of the county where I lives police dept. So, I type ___ county police sex offender registration. While the national sites are generally excellent for putting the info out there, explaining what they're convicted of, etc, the local ones are updated more frequently, and often have more up to date pictures of the offenders (if your state requires photos).

But I do have to stress, please be aware that just because they aren't listed doesn't make someone safe, and sex offenders can drive to neighborhoods other than the ones they live in. Usually when a sex offender is caught, it's not after assaulting their first victim. So, regardless of what the sites tell you, be alert and stay safe.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:44 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• One other thought - when the police here did a town meeting on the sex offenders that moved into our area (2 level 3 offenders who were sharing a house...) they told us that one HUGE thing parents can do that will keep their kids safe is to NOT use "cutesy names" for a childs private parts. Call them by their proper names - penis, vagina, etc. They said it's been proven that children that offenders tend to go more for kids that don't use the proper terms, because kids who do tend to have more open relationships with their parents about this stuff, so they will often shy away from those kids.
    cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:50 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• cont
    Also, when families use the cutesy names for it, then it helps lay the groundwork for offenders to also make up cutesy names that's "just for us" to use for their body parts. It then sends the emotional signal to the child that the body part in question "belongs" to both the child and the offender, or that it's "their special thing".
    sailorwifenmom