Would you have told her if you knew?

My brother was with a girl about 3 yrs and engaged to her. She use to cry to my mom and I saying she thought he was cheating. My husband and I were dating at the time and I asked him if my brother ever mentioned anything like that. He said no. Well when they split up I found out that he really was. My husband swore he had no idea.

I started to wonder if I would have told her if I did know. I would want to know if my brother knew my husband was cheating (especially while engaged to be married). They were engaged with no kids but she was trying to get pregnant. Would you have told her?

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on May. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Hell Yeah!!! I got told by a complete stranger that one of my ex's (bf at the time) was having sex with some other chick.. what if i never found out n got married n prego n he was still running around... I think if someone knows then the other has a right to know. IMO

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 9:36 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I sure would have!

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:31 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Yeah I would have told her....and i would have went off on my brother....but I would want to know...i have told a good friend that before...the hard part is if they believe you or not and how pissed they are going to be at you if they dont think its true....but whatever...i think they should know....i told my best friend his girlfriend was cheeting on him when he was deployed...i though it was screwed up...he didnt believe me and was mad at me for 2 weeks when he found out she was pregnant and it wasnt his kid....then he called to thank me....

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on May. 23, 2011

• It would be akeward but I would tell her, I would want to know if the role was reversed and it was my soon to b husband!

Answer by Southernmom_99 at 9:38 AM on May. 23, 2011

Answer by happymama02 at 9:38 AM on May. 23, 2011

• youbetcha!

Answer by dullscissors at 9:32 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Honestly don't know. I think I would have harassed my brother into being honest with her..but its really hard to say.

Answer by meooma at 9:49 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Nope. My dh has a friend who is cheating on his wife and now his wife and I have become friends. I have thought alot about this situation and decided no way. I am not stepping on that land mine. I am minding my own business.

Answer by gemgem at 9:51 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Yeppers I would have told her.

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:49 AM on May. 23, 2011

• yes I would. I've told my brother (he's considerably younger) since he started to date, that if he ever cheated on a girl he was with that I'd tell her in a heartbeat! that you have to face the consequences of your actions, and you need to be honest with those that you are with.

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:54 AM on May. 23, 2011