How do you make sure that your man doesn't take you for granted?

And what do you do to make sure the fireworks are still there?

emmyandlisa

Asked by emmyandlisa at 9:37 AM on May. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• I go a day without cleaning and cooking...it snaps him back into reality as far as the fireworks...do something romantic or spontanious...even if he doesnt...you do it...i leave little love notes usually just saying i love you or some other short simple thing...like I have no panties on...hehe..that 1 always gets his attention.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 9:41 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I havent had to do anything? My husband has always treated me as a priority in his life. I knew he was that kind of man before we even dated and before we ever married.

Answer by gemgem at 9:39 AM on May. 23, 2011

• There are times that I feel like I have been taken for granted and there are times he feels the same way. We just try to go out of our way to make sure the other knows how much they are loved and appreciated. I don't know how to keep the fireworks going because they have come down to a fizzle because of me. I want an answer to this one as well.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:41 AM on May. 23, 2011

• He has never taken me for granted; I would never allow him to.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:44 AM on May. 23, 2011

• do something out of the ordinary. we get into our routines too much as humans, you can pretty much predict the next weeks..months..etc. do somthing you would normally never do
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:41 AM on May. 23, 2011

• First of all no one can take you for granted unless you allow them to do so. If you feel like he is trying put your foot down and be firm about it. As for the fireworks keep adding new and inventive little ways to be together.
    IamErin-K.

Answer by IamErin-K. at 9:42 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I am far too loud and obnoxious to ever be taken for granted, there's running commentary for everything I do and some of it is what you'd call "colorful".

As for fireworks, I score an Epic Fail. I suck at that kind of thing.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:51 AM on May. 23, 2011