I just began dating after being divorced. How long before I can introduce this new man in my life to my children? and family?

Also, he is black and I am white/hispanic. I see him for the wonderful man that he is, but I am not sure how well, my family and my children will see it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• Do not introduce him to your children until after you are SURE he is going to be around for a while. I didn't introduce the guy I was dating til we had been together for a year. My family I could care a little less about...the kids I just didn't want to form a bond and then have him be gone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• It depends on how long you've known this man. Can you trust him around your kids. Do you trust him? Its not worth it. Its all about protecting your kids. Too many women introduce the kids to fast and to soon leaving the door open. Its left up to you and how comfortable you feel with him around your kids. Fill it out and follow your instinct. Your first instinct is usually your answer. If you feel uneasy then rethink the situation. Just take your time and it'll eventually work itself out. TAKE YOUR TIME!!!!!
    Newton734

Answer by Newton734 at 2:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I agree with Anon above. Only introduce him to your kids if you know it is getting serious. You may have lots of dates that will be hit or miss soon after a divorce. Take it very slow, you are still rediscovering yourself. If and when the time is right, talk to your family and your children about it first before introducing the guy.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 2:10 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I wouldnt introduce him until you all were making wedding plans, just my opinion.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 3:05 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I would introduce him as a friend a few random times before it gets serious. If your kids don't like him it will just be a waste of time anyway.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:19 AM on Dec. 8, 2008