For all you women with experience in the cheating men department.... adult content

Have you noticed a pattern? Are there certain characteristics a cheating man has? Are they natural liars? Porn addicts? Sex hounds?

I thought men that were really into porn would cheat. My father doesn't though. He has a serious porn addiction and can't get or keep a woman because nobody is good enough for him (in his eyes) or he smothers them til they leave him.

Is there anything us girls should be wary of ? Anything that sends up a red flag saying cheater?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on May. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• 1. Unaccounted time. My ex used to "go for walks" which on its own is no big deal right? The man worked behind a cubicle all day so going for a walk after work seems legit right? Well after awhile he would be gone longer and longer until one day he didnt bother coming home until 5am. Red Flag.
    2. Short paychecks. If your dh says he had to work overtime yet his check is exactly the same as before thats a red flag.
    3. Changing how they look. New haircuts, new clothes etc. Why does he want to look different or nice all of a sudden? And most I mean major fashion changes.
    4. Treating you oddly. Maybe the fact you lets say crocheted never bothered him and now he might say why do you do that thats for old people. He is hearing it from someone.
    5. He is distant.

Answer by gemgem at 10:07 AM on May. 23, 2011

• a lack of real self esteem
    cheaters need to solve an issue with a new person that does not know the flaws (yet), everyone has flaws, but a cheater wants to live in a world where flaws do not exist
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:06 AM on May. 23, 2011

• My XH was a porn addict but had lost the ability to get to it years before he cheated.

He started once I got pregnant. Kept running to the bars. Cheated with a co-worker. Before I found out, he had started really putting me down for my body and weight after only having our DD 8 months before. Also started accusing me of cheating.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:04 AM on May. 23, 2011

• They have all of these signs for cheating but the one I would be wary of is or two is a man who calls all of his exe's crazy and another would be a man who accuses you too much of cheating. There are also physical signs but they vary from guy to guy or even woman to woman one of them would also be a change in the way he looks when he did not care before. My friend found one of the signs was he was way too nice to her taking her out to dinner when she never went out before. So you would really have to know to find out.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:08 AM on May. 23, 2011

• of course they are gonna lie, why would they be honest about it? Lying is the natural last line of defense to stay safe. But yes to answer, I would say lying and some sneakiness is involved. The problem with the sneakiness is that you may never find out about it if they are good at it and covering tracks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on May. 23, 2011

• pinkdragon is right that is another sign. If they accuse you of lying and cheating then odds are it is because they are doing it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on May. 23, 2011

• # 1 Red Flag..They accuse you of cheating(even though it NEVER crosses your mind)
    2 They come home from work later and later
    3 Feel the need to stop off at a bar EVERY night
    4 Spend less time at home

Those are just some off the top of my head....
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 10:13 AM on May. 23, 2011

• My Husband isnt a porn addict. But we have had issues with cheating before we got married. I would notice his phone being turned off, excuses not to come over or that he was busy... I just had a gut feeling something wasnt right.
    Unfortunately, they will lie and its hard to find out. My husband and I still have that problem, and I am paranoid all the time. Just notice the sneaking around, or changes in behaviors towards you. Most men arent very good at hiding the evidence, so if you have a feeling that he might be checking the phone, Facebook, car... things like that.
    thatgrlkels

Answer by thatgrlkels at 10:11 AM on May. 23, 2011

• With all this technology now, they put their sell phone under pass code. That's first in my book.
    New clothes and underwear that are name brands
    Tells you that you are spending too much on the same things you have been buying for years
    Going out more often
    Goes to the store and doesn't buy anything, that's because hes making calls outside the home
    Goes away on business as usual and forget to give yo his itinerary all of the sudden.
    Can't get ahold of him and tells you that his phone is dead or left in the car

He doesn't have to be home late to cheat. It can happen at any time. That's why it's such a shock to most when they find out. Where there is a will there is a way
    SnapIt

Answer by SnapIt at 6:48 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Blaming you for things that are normal to what you have been doing. It means you are annoying him and getting under his skin because he wants to be with the other person.

He doesn't have to be a porn fanatic to want to cheat either
    SnapIt

Answer by SnapIt at 6:50 PM on May. 23, 2011