Boy do I have the best kid in the world!

Ok, this is not really a question, it's basically bragging! :)

My 12-year-old daughter has been saving money all year (birthday money, lunch money etc)in order to buy a new bike because she doesn't like her old one. We got into her biggy bank last night and she had more than $230 in there! So I told her we could go get her new bike today.

An hour or so later she came downstairs and said "I feel like this is a lot of money for a bike since I already have one so why don't I just donate it to a good cause?"

That made me so proud!! We went to the children's hospital this morning and donated the money. She included today's lunch money!

I don't know if it's something special or not, but I am a proud mom right now! :)

mysevenkids

Asked by mysevenkids at 10:05 AM on May. 23, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• girl giving flowerI needed a feel good story this morning........THANKS and kudos to your awesome daughter!

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:08 AM on May. 23, 2011

• VERY PROUD..
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:08 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 10:10 AM on May. 23, 2011

• What a wonderful kid and what a good parent she has!!!!!!!!
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 10:10 AM on May. 23, 2011

• That is awesome that you have taught your child to be giving. My 7 and 6 year olds clean their old clothes and toys out twice a year and we donate them to the childrens home here in town. And just Saturday we were at a family fun day and my 6 year old told me that if she won the bike they were giving away she didn't want it, she wanted another kid to have it. {Santa brought her and her brother a new bike for Christmas} so we said we would take it to the children's home also.
    I think it is great to teach children to give and not to expect anything in return. It is so rare to find kids like that. GREAT JOB RAISING YOUR DAUGHTER MOM!
    SuprMom12042702

Answer by SuprMom12042702 at 10:15 AM on May. 23, 2011

• What a great gal!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:19 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Awww thank you ladies!! I feel very good about my daughter right now. I don't know what it is, but I feel like I'm diong something right! All my kids are giving and thoughtful but my 12yo is so unselfish!!

@SuprMom12042702 You're doing a great job too! Most kids would keep the new bike and donate the old one. I love stories like that!
    mysevenkids

Comment by mysevenkids (original poster) at 10:21 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Awesome!!!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:23 AM on May. 23, 2011

• That is an awesome story! Thanks for sharing. Very rare these days. You should be VERY proud!
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 8:40 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Aww:) What a sweet girl you have! Good job Mama!
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 8:43 AM on May. 24, 2011