Easy Recipes?

Being a full time working mother of 2 (soon to be 3) I need some great easy recipes (maybe somewhat healthy too? :) ) to make for the family.

thatgrlkels

Asked by thatgrlkels at 10:18 AM on May. 23, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Crock pot. That way it can cook while you're gone. Or if you have a solid day off, cook (at least prepare) for the week. And I tend to rely a lot on pasta in its various forms when I'm out of dinner ideas.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:23 AM on May. 23, 2011

• One of our faves is fiesta rice, borrowed and modified from my friends mom.
    ground beed, diced peppers, corn, mixed beans, onions, chili powder, garlic and rice cooked in broth and a can of diced tomatoes. All of the ingredients to your preferance. I like adding 2 cans of beans but since I'm breastfeeding again I only add one for now. I up the corn and peppers in this because I prefer more veggies too. It's up to you also if you add the liquid from the tomatoes. Combine the cooked ingredients in one pot and serve with a dalop of sourcream and salsa with a handfull of nacho chips. My kids love having chips for dinner! lol
    I will also double the meat and veggie mixture and before adding the rice I will take some out and freeze it or use it another night with nachos.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:42 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:30 PM on May. 23, 2011