Middle school graduation gift ideas?

My nephew is graduating from middle school in a few weeks and my sister is throwing a huge party. I don't normally buy graduation gifts for middle school graduations, but since my sister is throwing this big party I feel obligated. Any ideas?

not-the-momma

Asked by not-the-momma at 10:21 AM on May. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Doesn't that make the HS graduation seem a little less of a milestone?

Anyway, a book would be good. Maybe a gift card to Barnes & Noble.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:29 AM on May. 23, 2011

• how about a card saying way to go! Party.. seriously -- what is the world coming to lol. Otherwise, if you feel truly obligated a small amt book store gift card.. it is to celebrate knowledge and learning, right?
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 10:23 AM on May. 23, 2011

• A good book? One that he might like is The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch, check it out it might be OK for a 13 yo boy if he is mature. It's not as morbid as it sounds. It is about following your dreams. Or a nice watch that he can wear on special occasions you could have it engraved. If you are religious, a crucifix on a chain? Or an ID bracelet with his name on it? I'm sentimental I guess. Nice luggage is always a good gift you know, especially before the summer! And I don't know any kids that don't like iTunes gift certificates either! If he has an iPod, that might be an easy way out of your predicament!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 10:26 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Gift card. I do parties for their middle and high school graduations. I would do a small gift card maybe $10-15.

Answer by gemgem at 10:27 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Not really because atleast with my kids when they graduate high school they get tons more. Party. Money, Upgraded car.

Answer by gemgem at 10:40 AM on May. 23, 2011