Why is it when you kids spent the night away from home you still can't sleep in?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 10:27 AM on May. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• Watch me! I will sleep like the dead. I have 5 kids....I am never allowed to sleep in.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:23 PM on May. 23, 2011

• LOL sorry that happens to you. My kids are either with grandparents or visiting their dad every other weekend. I usually only have my 17 yr old home along with my dh on those weekends. My teen usually has things to do so we hardly see him. I sleep like nobodies business when they arent here. I love it. However, at first when it started I was like you. It just takes some practice lol

Answer by gemgem at 10:39 AM on May. 23, 2011

• i cant becauuse i have to go get them from where ever they were!
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 10:31 AM on May. 23, 2011

• 2 of my kids are at my parent's and staying there till we go for dinner tonight. My other dd is at her friends and staying there till lunch time. The baby is asleep and dh went back to sleep just fine, dosen't matter if I talk his ear off or not he can sleep through it! Why can't I be sleeping right now?!?! I tried to go back to sleep it's just not happening:(
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 10:36 AM on May. 23, 2011

• When all my kids have overnights at grandmas I usually sleep in--- unless the doofus cat wakes me up.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:45 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Usually it's just one or 2 kids out of the house. My parent's usually take one or 2 so the other can have some one on one time.
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 10:47 AM on May. 23, 2011