WTF?!?!?! TSA goes to the Prom!!!

http://www.koat.com/r-video/27979990/detail.html

Apparently the TSA in my state want to get their groap on at local high school proms. When will people wake up to what they are doing??

-Eilish-

Asked by -Eilish- at 10:32 AM on May. 23, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:34 AM on May. 23, 2011

• That is when parents would need to get together and throw their kids prom instead of the school and boycott the schools prom.

Answer by gemgem at 10:34 AM on May. 23, 2011

• what a joke....
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:37 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Well, I guess you gotta go looking where there are crowds of people. Seeing as how they haven't found any terrorists at our airports, I guess they are moving on to High Schools. I wonder how many terrorists they found at the prom . . . . I could guess but I think we all know where I am going with that.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:44 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Wow thats all I can say is wow???
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:44 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Did you listen to it-?
    Sisters said they were "groaped" by non-trained personnel so the district is using trained personnel to conduct the security searches at the proms- TSA agents and Police -
    Your premise that the TSA is inserting themselves into this situation is false- its the school district looking for a way to have safe searches-
    I have no idea if they district needs to have searches because I have no idea what the schools are like in the area- we have very little trouble with violence in our district so we do not take these types of measures-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:45 AM on May. 23, 2011

• – collapse
    GROPED.
    They searched kids at the local prom here too....which I think is good since they have decided at the county level that anyone can carry a gun. DO you realize how many wacko parents are arming their entire family and going to training and target shooting as if it is just another family activity like going to the movies? It is a crazy world out there now days, thanks to the gun nuts and the NRA.
    I want them to keep on with their searches.Everywhere.In all cities and towns and small towns
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:52 AM on May. 23, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• @minnesotanice

THAT'S right - those of us who practice our right to bear arms are the enemies. ***rolls eyes***

I got news for you .... wearing a gun doesn't mean an intention to use it. Get real!!! Those who wish harm will break the law regardless of how easy or how hard it is to break it. That doesn't give the gov't the right to treat everyone as suspects until they are satisfied that we are innocent. Do you know what due process is???
    -Eilish-

Comment by -Eilish- (original poster) at 10:57 AM on May. 23, 2011

• When the TSA starts looking for People and stops looking for objects, they might be a little more effective.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/loaded-gun-slips-past-tsa-screeners/story?id=12412458

http://www.economist.com/blogs/gulliver/2011/01/tsa_threat_detection

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:01 AM on May. 23, 2011

• @minnesotanice

Comment by -Eilish- (original poster) a minute
    -------------------------------
    I am anti-weapons/guns, anti-war and I have the right to MY opinion on ths subect.And you can be rude if you want to but it just makes you look bad. I have first hand experience (my daughter's school) about guns in school....in 1986 a boy who was angry at another guy hitting on his girlfriend brought his Dad's gun to school and shot up the hallway between classes, almost killed a few students.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:02 AM on May. 23, 2011