Question

my husband's family doesn't like me and doesn't care about their grandaughter, they have mad her feel no love from them and she doesn;t care about them anymore and they have direspected me by involving the ex-wife of my husbands in family functions...they treat her like she is still the daughter in-law and i am not...i have never been comfortable with his family since i have been married to him 13 years, and my daughter doesn't even feel comfortable around them, they have never spent that much time with her since she has been born, she is the black sheep grandchild, they have 2 other grandchildren and they are more special to them that my daughter is. and my daughter is 13 now and doesn't want anything to do with them. it has caused alot of problems with my marriage but we have been working on it. i guess my husband ahs accepted that we don't want anything to do with them anymore because of all the hurt they have done to me and my daughter...what would you sy if your husband told you that his momther's and dad's 50th anniversary party was more important than his daughter's 13th birthday party and he was going to their party and not his daughter's... ever since i started speaking my mind of how they were treating me and my daughter was wrong that's when they started not liking me, because i started to stand up for me and my daughter...i have no respect for them, they hurt my daughter and make her not feel loved by them, i can't respect grandparents like that (child comes to dad and mom and asked why doen't my granny and papa come see me or call me or come to any of my softballl gams, ect...why aren't they interested in me) i will never like these people anymore, i don't give a crap about my in-laws and neither does my daughter, she has feelings she's 13 and she has a mind of her own....

lisa98450

Asked by lisa98450 at 10:41 AM on May. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Is the anniversary party going to be all day? Is it possible that hubs can be present at both? I would try not to be a wedge in that relationship, let it take its natural course. He is definitely torn try to be understanding and remember it is just one day.  I checked my wording carefully making sure I was in no way mean or offensive or rude to you, your daughter or the situation.  This is merely an option and IMO. Thank you.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:48 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I agree with meooma about maybe splitting the day, only because it is his blood. But I by ALL MEANS agree with you and your daughter "severing" ties with them because there is no excuse whatsoever for those people to treat your child like that. Shame on them, and just remember "karma".
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:53 AM on May. 23, 2011