How long after having your baby did you wait to have sex again? OR how long did it take for your sex drive to return?

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• I waited the whole 6 weeks like my doctor told me to. I had a lot of stitches from tearing when she was born and wasn't too thrilled to even be touched, but I think it's all about when you're ready!!!!

Answer by pregomamma921 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I had sex within 12 days, but like pregomamma I had a lot of stitches too but you know with the first time drinking after not having anything to drink...things happen. It hurt really bad but I didn't lose any stitches...

Answer by Babyduche at 12:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• we waited 2 weeks, and i had a c-section.i just wanted it lol..

Answer by Haydensmom326 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I also waited the full 6 weeks the doctor recommended. I don't want to scare you but I now have 2 children the youngest being 4 years old and I don't have much of a sex drive still to this day.

• I had sex less than two weeks after the baby was born. (I had a C-Section) My sex drive was there immediately after I had my son. It was there for about a month, then went away until my son was about 9 months old. My son is 10 months old now, and my sex drive comes strong, then goes away for awhile. My sex drive still isnt constant.

Answer by wintersunshine6 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I waited 3 weeks, and I had a c-section. It was just nice to have sex normal again, lol. We missed each other, the way we were when I wasn't pregnant, and had this massive belly blocking the light of the world.

Answer by Ifiwereabook at 12:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I was ready before he was. It wasn't till 9 months after the birth, but I think I was probably ready around 6-8 weeks after (tough recovery after c-section)

Answer by Mommy2Riley at 1:07 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I would not recommend having sex until you are cleared from your doctor. My sister-in-law didn't wait and she became pregnant again. She just had her second child and still did not wait & guess what- she is pregnant again for her 3rd child....I know that I would not want 3 children in diapers, waking me up screaming in the middle of the night to be fed, changed, etc know all that comes with one child- times it by 3 for her. Be careful!

Answer by bramlettljb at 1:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• From me not waiting I ended up pregnant again but I lost the baby because my body rejected the fetus... So, if you do become pregnant that soon after there is a high chance of miscarriage

Answer by Babyduche at 1:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• It wasn't very long MAYBE 1 1/2 weeks. I had a c-section I am lucky I didn't get pregnant again. But if I had it wouldn't have been a bad thing. Tubes have been tied since!

Answer by momto1727 at 2:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2008