Almost 3 cm dilated, can feel the babys head when i check cervix adult content

ok I am almost 3 cm dilated, and when i check my cervix i can feel the babys head. I need to know if there is anything that I can do to jump start labor, because every time he moves his head I hurt like hell. I have tried having sex, castor oil, and walking. All i can accomplish is being more uncomfortable, and getting leg cramps or puking. I am in so much pain and I dont see the doctor again until thursday, so i really need some advice here. I am willing to try pretty much anything, so that I can get him out and not feel this constant pain any more. If i can make it to 3cm my dr will admit me and deliver him, I just need to get to 3.PLEASE HELP ME !!

sianniona

Asked by sianniona at 10:47 AM on May. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Drink some raspberry LEAF tea! It will put you into labor faster! Oh and nipple stimulation works well, especially with a pump if your already contracting! Hope labor goes well for you and congrats!!!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:02 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Id go back to labor and delivery. Have them check you maybe you are at 3 and dont know it. Tell them you have been having contractions.

Answer by gemgem at 10:49 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Honestly there isn't anything you can do to bring on labor unless your body is ready for it. I was schedualed for induction with my youngest because I had high blood pressure, the day before I was a very loose 3cm, the morning of my induction I was at a 4. The doc just broke my water, but I was dialted to 6 before any pain.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:04 AM on May. 23, 2011

• No advice. I would continue to do what you have tried. Walk a ton and keep moving. Unless your body is ready though no matter what you try it is not going to do anything. I was dilated at a 3 for a couple of months.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:57 AM on May. 23, 2011

• walk alot keep busy moving.
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 11:06 AM on May. 23, 2011

• have sex
    twolilgirls712

Answer by twolilgirls712 at 11:15 AM on May. 23, 2011

• If you are checking yoursself to see if you are dialiated why dont you just try stretching your cervix out and that will def jump start labor. Just make sure that you wash your hands and wear a glove, or have your hubby do it. Good luck
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 11:30 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Ok, I have to jump in and advise not stretching your cervix. I had to see an OB when I was pregnant (no midwives around here) and the bitch stretched my cervix without even asking me about it. I came very close to kicking her into the wall. THAT was the most painful thing I experienced during the roughly 70 hours I was in labor (no drugs). Raspberry leaf tea, nipple stimulation, walking, sex (masturbation can help, but sex is better because semen contains something that can help dilation move faster), black or blue cohosh tea (be careful and do some research about those, though), pineapple might help (I've read about it a few times for naturally inducing labor), evening primrose oil can help ripen the cervix and stuff... That's all I can think of.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:14 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Honestly I would not be checking your cervix, leave that for the doctors do so you dont give your self an infection.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 10:54 AM on May. 23, 2011

• i have had 2 kids b4 so i know how and i wear gloves so relax!
    sianniona

Comment by sianniona (original poster) at 10:55 AM on May. 23, 2011